Can't Connect AES

Herman

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've tried using both 1.99 and 1.99a. The base pack seems to install correctly, and I can select airports in AES Tool. However, when trying to assign door locations, I get an error message that I'm not on an AES supported airport, although I am. I also see that the red "Disconnected" message is in the upper left corner. I've tried Nurnburg, Leipzig, Dortmund and Paderborn (all activated in AES).

Configuration: FS9 SP1, Vista64 Ultimate (all updates), Intel E8400 DuoCore, 4Gb RAM, nvidea GTX8800.

• Deputy Sheriffs
I've tried using both 1.99 and 1.99a. The base pack seems to install correctly, and I can select airports in AES Tool. However, when trying to assign door locations, I get an error message that I'm not on an AES supported airport, although I am. I also see that the red "Disconnected" message is in the upper left corner. I've tried Nurnburg, Leipzig, Dortmund and Paderborn (all activated in AES).

Configuration: FS9 SP1, Vista64 Ultimate (all updates), Intel E8400 DuoCore, 4Gb RAM, nvidea GTX8800.

By the way, I have NOT entered any codes or keys. This is just the straight from Aerosoft download. I want to try the demo mode before I buy credits.

• Developer

Hi,

your problem is, that you install your FS9 to the default directory in Vista, which is protected by the UAC.

In this case, AEShelp allways run in ADMIN Mode to prevent problems. As long as you start the FSX in NORMAL mode, Vista not allow both applications to communicate. So please start the FS9 while you want to configure it with AESHelp also in ADMIN Mode by clicking the icon with the right mouse button and go to properties, compatiblity and select Start in ADMIN modus.

For normal flights you can start the FS9 in Normalmode.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Hi,

your problem is, that you install your FSX to the default directory in Vista, which is protected by the UAC.

In this case, AEShelp allways run in ADMIN Mode to prevent problems. As long as you start the FSX in NORMAL mode, Vista not allow both applications to communicate. So please start the FSX while you want to configure it with AESHelp also in ADMIN Mode by clicking the icon with the right mouse button and go to properties, compatiblity and select Start in ADMIN modus.

For normal flights you can start the FSX in Normalmode.

Thank you for the very prompt reply.

I assume your references to "FSX" are to "FS9." It looks like you're really focused on the new AES. Thanks in advance for bringing AES to 2.0. :rolleyes:

• Deputy Sheriffs

This did the trick. Thanks again for your help. The demo sold me on the product. Now to buy some credits!

;)