New definition of liquid cooling for PC

Robert S

Forget liquid cooling as you know it: Hardware Computer's new Reactor Extreme submerses the ENTIRE PC in liquid, delivering 10x more cooling than anything before.

http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/ProductCat...ctReactor3.aspx

I know some will consider this useless technology, but still...you have to admit - IT'S COOL!

Well, i think this case will be pretty heavy as it's filled up with liquid, so unless you plan to move it around to and from lan-parties i think this could be a potentially good gaming computer, but i guess time will tell how this will work

Well, i think this case will be pretty heavy as it's filled up with liquid, so unless you plan to move it around to and from lan-parties i think this could be a potentially good gaming computer, but i guess time will tell how this will work

I hear 'ya. It's definitely got to be heavy. It's literally a fish tank with a computer inside instead of fish. That's got to be heavy no doubt about that. But that sure opens up a lot of overclocking capabilities! Too expensive though..... :(

The latest issue of PC World actually tested this PC against others from Falcon, etc. While it equaled the fastest benchmark score ever, it also tied this score with a PC that overclocks a 3.33 GHz Core 2 Duo E6800 to an astonishing 4.5GHz - all while using air cooling! :o

So, if you read another thread, you will understand why Mathijs has just been vidicated here. :lol:

It appears that at least in this iteration, the totally submersible PC is a novelty for now...