Mouse wheel doesn't bite!

some1

Hi all,

being a quite satisfied owner of Aerosoft Hughes H-1 and F-16, I found one thing that is a little annoying: knobs in the cockpit can't be operated with mouse wheel, only with mouse buttons. I think it's much easier and more intuitive to rotate things like fuel selectors, radio tuning or other knobs by rotating mouse wheel rather than clicking them several times with LMB or RMB. Unfortunately your aircraft don't support it, because both wheel up and down rotate knobs in the same direction, which is default FSX behavior in case some control events are not defined. And I know this can be fixed with not more than 3 lines of code in xml animation code. Just think about it when making future addons, please :)

Oh, and by the way, can somebody explain me why in F-16 clicking left mouse button rotates knobs right while clicking right mouse button rotates them left? Where's the logic?

There is logic to this for FSX - when you use the mouse look function, that involves pressing the centre mouse button - which is also the scroll wheel in most cases. If you lift off with one finger, then press left or right button with the next, well, that's the logic...

There is logic to this for FSX - when you use the mouse look function, that involves pressing the centre mouse button - which is also the scroll wheel in most cases. If you lift off with one finger, then press left or right button with the next, well, that's the logic...

Yes, you're right, but I'm asking what's the logic behind assigning right rotation to left mouse button and vice versa. ;)

For me just about everything works with mouse wheel in H-1

Altimeter calibration, autopilot adjustment, fuel selectors and radio dials can be rotated with mouse wheel in one direction only. Pretty useless. Same in F-16 with radio tuning knobs, NAV mode selector, fuel gauge selector, and other knobs on side panels. Things that work with mouse wheel, like trim controls or HDG / CRS knobs are probably made using default FSX animations, which support mouse wheel.

Yes, you're right, but I'm asking what's the logic behind assigning right rotation to left mouse button and vice versa. ;)

Simple, pull rather than push. It\'s about how you perceive the function the mouse provides... ;)

But you are right about the strangeness of a scrollwheel that only responds in one direction.