Fighting Beaver

Wouter Roerdink

Recently I had the chance to fly in the Beaver of the KLHV and because of this I decided to buy the Aerosoft Beaver for my FS9.

Fortunately they did a good job and supplied a Dutch Beaver! But when I saw this Beaver, I noticed something strange. The Dutch Beaver carries only one squadron badge, and now the curious part: it is the badge of 323 sqaudron! (For those not familiar with Dutch sqaudrons: it is a F-16 squadron and this squadron always flew fighters!)

Probably a Beaver's dream come true? Also the Beaver had no camouflage on the underside, but just the dark brown of the camouflage.

But I don't want to be a fuzz: the plane flies beautifully and resembles the real plane for a great deal. So just enjoy the fligth and don't look outside!

Keep up the good work!

Wouter Roerdink

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
Recently I had the chance to fly in the Beaver of the KLHV and because of this I decided to buy the Aerosoft Beaver for my FS9.

Fortunately they did a good job and supplied a Dutch Beaver! But when I saw this Beaver, I noticed something strange. The Dutch Beaver carries only one squadron badge, and now the curious part: it is the badge of 323 sqaudron! (For those not familiar with Dutch sqaudrons: it is a F-16 squadron and this squadron always flew fighters!)

Probably a Beaver's dream come true? Also the Beaver had no camouflage on the underside, but just the dark brown of the camouflage.

But I don't want to be a fuzz: the plane flies beautifully and resembles the real plane for a great deal. So just enjoy the fligth and don't look outside!

Keep up the good work!

Wouter Roerdink

I do believe the livery is correct. It is the PH-DHC flown by the Stichting KLu Historische Vlucht. If it not correct let me know and we'll see if we can change it.

• 3 weeks later...

post-5833-1230416177_thumb.jpgpost-5833-1230416200_thumb.jpgpost-5833-1230416219_thumb.jpgpost-5833-1230416150_thumb.jpg

I do believe the livery is correct. It is the PH-DHC flown by the Stichting KLu Historische Vlucht. If it not correct let me know and we'll see if we can change it.

Hello Mathijs.

Much to my surprise I must say that you are absolutely right: the KLHV had for a period a Beaver adorned with squadronbadges of 322 and 323 sqdn. I have no idea of the reason for this. Nowadays they are flying without badge. The badges they wore were those of 334 sqdn and 300 sqdn, the "groep lichte vliegtuigen", the latter only for a short period. (the badges are from a site of the Dutch Airforce http://www.nimh.nl/nl/geschiedenis/emblemen/klu/index.aspx)

I looked at the IPMS NL site and found pictures of Beavers with the correct badges. I have attached the pictures.

Regarding the colour scheme, I once built a model of the Beaver and studied the Beaver in the Dutch Airforce Museum. This Beaver had all underside areas painted dark green without the dark brown. This was later confirmed by Luc Boerman of Dutch Decal. Just where the straight surface starts, the area is dark green. On the pictures it is unfortunately not possible to see.

I hope this is enough information for you.

Kind regards,

Wouter Reordink