The future of AES.....

As all of us know, FSX is taking over FS9 as the leading flight simulator - but not for me. When AES X will be done, will you still be adding AES support to new FS9 sceneries? Will AES be cross-compatible, for example if I install AES, and I have both FS9 and FSX installed, and I also have FT KT for FS9 and FSX installed, will both work in one AES client? So if you release Munich for FS9 and FSX will one layout file work with both FSX and FS9? Or once AES X is released, you will totally end support for FS9?

As all of us know, FSX is taking over FS9 as the leading flight simulator - but not for me. When AES X will be done, will you still be adding AES support to new FS9 sceneries? Will AES be cross-compatible, for example if I install AES, and I have both FS9 and FSX installed, and I also have FT KT for FS9 and FSX installed, will both work in one AES client? So if you release Munich for FS9 and FSX will one layout file work with both FSX and FS9? Or once AES X is released, you will totally end support for FS9?

Hi,

read this:Es wird keine FSX spezifische Version geben, sondern ab einer Version (wohl 2.0), werden beide Simulatoren unterstützt, d.h. alle weiteren Entwicklung laufen dann (vorerst) auf beiden Simulatoren. Da die Umstellung der Parameter ja eine gravierendere Änderung des Codes erfordert, wäre ich blöd, wenn ich nicht vorher sicherstelle, dass der Code auch im FSX läuft. Daher hat das zunächst die Prio. Der aufwendigere ist dann aber das drumherum, also AESHelp umbauen, Steuerung etc, das dauert halt, auch wenn man die Nacht dazunimmt. (comment out of the german AES Forum)

It's german i know but it is the answer to your question.

dreamflyer

Hi,

read this:Es wird keine FSX spezifische Version geben, sondern ab einer Version (wohl 2.0), werden beide Simulatoren unterstützt, d.h. alle weiteren Entwicklung laufen dann (vorerst) auf beiden Simulatoren. Da die Umstellung der Parameter ja eine gravierendere Änderung des Codes erfordert, wäre ich blöd, wenn ich nicht vorher sicherstelle, dass der Code auch im FSX läuft. Daher hat das zunächst die Prio. Der aufwendigere ist dann aber das drumherum, also AESHelp umbauen, Steuerung etc, das dauert halt, auch wenn man die Nacht dazunimmt. (comment out of the german AES Forum)

It's german i know but it is the answer to your question.

dreamflyer

Well, could you please translate?

Hi,

dreamflyer

I will try to translate it, I can speak German :rolleyes:

"There will be no FSX-specific version, but from a version (probably 2.0), both supported simulators, ie all further development then run (initially) on both simulators. Since the conversion of the parameters was a serious change of the code requires, I would be stupid if I did not advance to ensure that the code also runs in FSX. Therefore, the first priority. The complex is then but that around, so AESHelp convert, control etc, it takes hold".