Aerosoft Gulfstream G550??

Jasper

Hi,

Unfortunately there still isn't an addon of a detailed businessjet... I wonder if aerosoft could/would make a top quality addon of a famous businessjet like the gulfstream G550(or maybe Learjet/ dassault falcon 2000EX) with detailed manual, working systems and beautifull graphics. I really have this request because these jets are fun to fly, are able to take off from the shorter runways, and are mostly able to fly quite fast and high... Ofcourse its also just another experiece than a pax jet, or a heli.

Please let me know if you think there is a market for it and how you think about the idea.

regards,

Jasper

I absolutely agree with Jasper.

There is no professional simulation of a Bizjet yet, so maybe a Gulfstream G550 or the Falcon 7X.

I'm interested what the aerosoft people think about it.

kind regards

Max

As I said on the official PMDG forum several times, there is NO way a newer Gulfstream would go into MSFS. Not only does Gulfstream disallow it, look at the planes themselves. There are MANY features that would be completely impossible within MSFS because there is no way to implement them. The Planeview avionics system is so complex it makes planes like the PMDG 747 and MD-11 look like a Cessna 152. It would take several years, tens of thousands of dollars, and a supercomputer to run it even IF Gulfstream were to allow it. That being said, it wouldn't be very accurate either due to the sim's limitations. The final cost to the user would be VERY high.

I'd love one of these more than anyone else, but it isn't going to happen. Not in FSX or earlier.

Watch for the Flight1 Citation Mustang if you are looking for a nice quality biz jet.

• Aerosoft

Well you might be surprised. It of course depends on the level of system simulation but there is not a lot in the systems that would be extremely hard. You have no idea where we are in the professional side of FSX ESP simulation. Sure it costs time and money, but compared to serious modeling it's not even so hard. So if you say it will not happen, you might be surprised. And even a simple addon costs tens of thousands of dollars. A real complex one runs more into millions of dollars these days, you need professional spin offs to make it happen. Tens of thousands is really nothing by now.

And there are very few FS addons that are done with permission of the current manufacturer. It can be an issue but most of the time it is something that can be circumvented. In fact, after recent experiences I would state that there is NO Airbus addon possible with permission because of the money they will ask to use their name officially.