Fantastic Repaints

keflin2612

I don't know if any bodies interested or maybe a lot of you know already but I have found some fantastic repaints from a group called

mcphat studios www.mcphatstudios.net

There site is not quite up and running fully yet but you can visit and then do a search in Avsim for mcphat.

Hope this helps some people.

I've even seen some payware aircraft that include liveries from McPhat Studios in the purchase, the artist frequently posts them in the screenshot forum at Flightsim. Wish he did some for freeware once in a while. :(

:rolleyes:

Maybe look a little closer Bruce...Posky, QW and Project Airbus to name a few freewares they have provided paints for....and it's not one guy...it's a studio comprised of multiple painters....

maybe look a little closer Bruce...Posky, QW and Project Airbus to name a few...

Ok, let me rephrase that last part... I wish he did some for good freeware once in a while. I was never satisfied with Posky, but I gave them another chance when they released their 777 version 2. Nice looking VC, but none of the buttons are functional. Project Airbus planes are seriously overweight by default, and your plane stalls on takeoff. I'd rather fly the default 737 than anything from Posky or PA.

I'll hold judgement on QW, I'm not familiar with them.

Ok, let me rephrase that last part... I wish he did some for good freeware once in a while. I was never satisfied with Posky, but I gave them another chance when they released their 777 version 2. Nice looking VC, but none of the buttons are functional. Project Airbus planes are seriously overweight by default, and your plane stalls on takeoff. I'd rather fly the default 737 than anything from Posky or PA.

I'll hold judgement on QW, I'm not familiar with them.

Yeah....OK....sure Bruce...

Some folks just can't stop complaining.....enjoy the defaults Bruce...you're so discriminate... :lol:

They make fantastic repaints, and are working on hd repaints that look to be out of this world.

As for the freeware, it is just that. Do not expect talented people that offer free models to give you a fully functioning cockpit for free.

It took PMDG something like 3 years if I understand correctly to come up with the md-11.

Two airbus projects seem to be taking just as long.

I think that they are getting more complex, and therfore I do not believe it is realistic to expect posky, or pa to come up with a pro series for free.

Personally, I love what posky and pa have done, and in some ways(- cockpit) prefer them to the commercial add-ons models.

They make fantastic repaints, and are working on hd repaints that look to be out of this world.

As for the freeware, it is just that. Do not expect talented people that offer free models to give you a fully functioning cockpit for free.

It took PMDG something like 3 years if I understand correctly to come up with the md-11.

Two airbus projects seem to be taking just as long.

I think that they are getting more complex, and therfore I do not believe it is realistic to expect posky, or pa to come up with a pro series for free.

Personally, I love what posky and pa have done, and in some ways(- cockpit) prefer them to the commercial add-ons models.

Well put Waleed...perhaps Bruce can offer a link to his own contributions to the sim community. After all, if anyone can complain about the volumes of free contributions by POSKY and PA, then certainly they can point to their own achievements and contributions that surpass them....

Jeez kiwi...are you working for posky or something? He stated he didnt like their aircraft. I dont either. So if your not a talented fs designer your not allowed to have an opinion on freeware aircraft? :rolleyes:

I am merely giving my opinion as to what freeware represents, and what I think of the two freeware offerings.

Everyone has their opinion and their reasoning behind it.

Please do not turn this into a quarrel.

As for the painters, I believe they are really gifted.

I am merely giving my opinion as to what freeware represents, and what I think of the two freeware offerings.

Everyone has their opinion and their reasoning behind it.

Please do not turn this into a quarrel.

As for the painters, I believe they are really gifted.

My comment wasnt meant for you Waleed. I apologize if you thought that.

Jeez kiwi...are you working for posky or something? He stated he didnt like their aircraft. I don't either. So if your not a talented fs designer your not allowed to have an opinion on freeware aircraft? :rolleyes:

Hey Yxin,

No, of course I don't work for POSKY. These days I don't fly them either. But please have a look at this in it's greater context...

1. A person comments on impressive paints by a particular studio

2. Bruce inaccurately and condescendingly suggests they don't make anything for freeware

3. Its pointed out that they do indeed, make freeware paints

4. Bruce condescendingly says" oh that doesn't count because I don't think thats good freeware" (two of the top freeware developers)

So Bruce has inaccurately insulted a paint studio, and two organizations that give of their time so many people can enjoy this hobby. This is Bruce Hamilton's way of doing things at several forums. He spews inaccurate information and then insults people when called on it. Just have a look at some of his recent posts here. I'll call him and his little Mates out every time I see their goofy stuff...

Sorry you were offended Yxin, but this is not the guy you want to defend....

Cheers,

Kiwi