Aes/fsdreamteam Zurich

meccadom

I have both AES 1.97 and Zurich 1.31 installed and see double floating jetways and misplaced objects. Is this due to the AES AF2 afcad file? AES is highest priority. Threre are no other afcad files installed and am running is FS9. Can someone help me correct this?

I cannot find a fix for this question so please excuse if there has been a prior post. This question was cross-posted to FSDreamteam forum and the reply was to post here.

Thanks

Dom

Hi,

I just got my free Zürich Coupon today (for purchasing KJFK and KORD together). I do not see your problems. There is also the FreeZ Scenery of Zürich in AES Help; did you uactivate the correct scenery?

Hi,

I just got my free Zürich Coupon today (for purchasing KJFK and KORD together). I do not see your problems. There is also the FreeZ Scenery of Zürich in AES Help; did you uactivate the correct scenery?

Thanks for the reply. This is the payware version. Both sceneries activated with AES as #1. There are AF2 files, AES has one and Zurich has one. Is one supposed to be removed? If so, which one?

Both sceneries activated with AES as #1.

Now I'm confused... :blink:

Only one scenery should be ticked in AES! If both LSZH sceneries have the mark in AES, that would mean you also have the FreeZ Scenery active; you cannot tick sceneries you don't have - that is how AES works.

Now I'm confused... :blink:

Only one scenery should be ticked in AES! If both LSZH sceneries have the mark in AES, that would mean you also have the FreeZ Scenery active; you cannot tick sceneries you don't have - that is how AES works.

Marco, let me try to be a little more clear. Forget about Freez...it does not exist in my system. AES 1.97 is first in the scenery prioroty followed by Zurich 1.31 second and Zuricich terrain 3rd. With AES as number 1, the finger gates are floating in air, abobve the ground.

When I move AES below Zurich in priority, the gates appear to be normal, that is on the ground. However in this configuration, AES will not work. There is an AF2 file in AES folder as well as an AF2 in Zurich folder. There is also an AES-LSZH-lib.bgl file in the ZURICH file. It seems to me there is a conflict between the AF2 files. So obviously my problem is in the the Afcad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Zurich 1.31, the add-on manage and the updated installer and still see the same issues.

Does this help explain my problem?

Thanks

Dom

• Developer

There is no active AFCAD of AES. If you have problems with jetways in the sky, you may have a different surounding mesh in Zürich, so that AES get the wrong level of the airport.

When you move AES below Zürich, you will not get AES active and the AES-LSZH-LIB.BGL are only the jetway models used by AES.

So, what do you have active beside the scenery itself in this area?

Ok, scenery.cfg entries are same here. As you say, you tried reinstall already.

I'm afraid, I can't be of any help - works here from minute 1. I don't think, that the problem is with the two AF2 files though, as I would have the problem as well then; and wouldn't every scenery supported by AES be affected?

I hope Oliver will come to the rescue. ;)

Edit: 2 minutes late

• Developer
Ok, scenery.cfg entries are same here. As you say, you tried reinstall already.

I'm afraid, I can't be of any help - works here from minute 1. I don't think, that the problem is with the two AF2 files though, as I would have the problem as well then; and wouldn't every scenery supported by AES be affected?

I hope Oliver will come to the rescue. ;)

War ja schon da, nur jetzt gehts ins Bett.

Danke für deine Mühen.

There is no active AFCAD of AES. If you have problems with jetways in the sky, you may have a different surounding mesh in Zürich, so that AES get the wrong level of the airport.

When you move AES below Zürich, you will not get AES active and the AES-LSZH-LIB.BGL are only the jetway models used by AES.

So, what do you have active beside the scenery itself in this area?

Having been away since your last response, I want to re-visit this issue. I have attached a screenshot illustrating the floating jetways at FSDreamteam Zurich, Gate A-57 for example. I just used the default FS2004 Cessna. The only active sceneries are (inpriority to to bottom)

AES v198

LZSH scenery

LZSH Terrain

FSGenesis Europe/Africa Mesh

All the standard stock default sceneries and base files

Can you offer any more help?

Thanks Dom