Question About Hotas Cougar

AV8TR

Hello folks! I got my first Cougar some months ago after I bought it from a friend, but I have several problems I simply can't fix (it seems). I have tried to read through the manuals at Cougarworld but they are sooo loooong and soooo advanced! :unsure:

I am using FSX with the Cougar, and the biggest problem is that there's a dead zone on the throttle that goes from idle up to the first detent (one sixth of the throttle length) and also when I try to change this in the control panel I can't find the file I saved it as when I am trying to download to the device.

Help! :(

Hello folks! I got my first Cougar some months ago after I bought it from a friend, but I have several problems I simply can't fix (it seems). I have tried to read through the manuals at Cougarworld but they are sooo loooong and soooo advanced! :unsure:

I am using FSX with the Cougar, and the biggest problem is that there's a dead zone on the throttle that goes from idle up to the first detent (one sixth of the throttle length) and also when I try to change this in the control panel I can't find the file I saved it as when I am trying to download to the device.

Help! :(

Hope this helps, I've been using a TM Cougar for years and after a new computer build installed FSX again last night, this time I had lots of problems with the throttle that i never had before like the throttle working the rudders, all was fine in Falcon 4 allied force and Lomac though, so i knew the culprit must be FSX, looking in the controller set up part of FSX with the advanced contols butten checked it had this time assigned the rudder to the throttle axis and the ant elv to rudder (it has never done this before) it was easy to change the assinments though, next problem was the throttle not giving full response, it would start at 20% thrust and only go up to about 60% thrust, i moved the throttle axis sensitivity to 100% and the null zone to 0% left all other settings as stock, its all working fine now.

I'd check your throttle axis has been assigned correctly by FSX and also check your sensitivity and null zone settings, i had to do this with the Saitek yoke and second throttle as well, FSX can be a bit buggy in this respect, but assuming your Cougar is OK, you should be able to get it sorted.

Good luck.