Dornier27 Fsx

pomak249

I've noticed a terrible drop in FPS with the Do27 as against the BeaverX - from 25+ with the Beaver to 8-10 with the Do27 - and cant find a cure! I've tried reducing the panel resolution to low 400x400 and hidden the co-pilot but nothing works? Exterior view is only around 14fps as opposed to the beaver which is 20-25fps, the VC is even worse dropping to 9-10 from 20+ with the beaver - FSX default aircraft are exceeding 30+ in all views! reducing my sliders offers no solution either.

I dont have a high-ender just a 2GB, 3GHZ HT Prescott & a 7800GS but havent had a problem with any other add-ons but this!

Anyone got any solutions?? I found one at Digital.de but it wasnt very helpful - something about re-loading the .cfg ??

Mick

Hello Mick,

Your comparing two different aircraft here.

If you check the texture folders of the different aircraft this will explain why you see the difference in Frame rates.

One will be more draining than the other as one is using optimised textures and the other is using less optimised textures for FSX.

I've noticed a terrible drop in FPS with the Do27 as against the BeaverX - from 25+ with the Beaver to 8-10 with the Do27 - and cant find a cure! I've tried reducing the panel resolution to low 400x400 and hidden the co-pilot but nothing works? Exterior view is only around 14fps as opposed to the beaver which is 20-25fps, the VC is even worse dropping to 9-10 from 20+ with the beaver - FSX default aircraft are exceeding 30+ in all views! reducing my sliders offers no solution either.

I dont have a high-ender just a 2GB, 3GHZ HT Prescott & a 7800GS but havent had a problem with any other add-ons but this!

Anyone got any solutions?? I found one at Digital.de but it wasnt very helpful - something about re-loading the .cfg ??

Mick

now, i'm no expert and someone will correct me if i am wrong, so just my thought that the drop in fps may also be coz the 27 has a lot more features that are being simulated so, the cpu is being utilized to make those calculations too,compared to just the basic stuff in the default airctaft or even the beaverx which i think has a lot less dials, bells and whistles compated to the Do27

But the problem really lies in the fact that the Frame Rates were higher in FS9, as the 'FSX' Do is actually a ported FS9 *model*, and not a true FSX model, which wiould probably yield much better results for such a complex aircraft.

Unfortunate, as it used to be one of my favorites in FS9, but I skip right past it in FSX. There are much better offerings performance-wise in 'my hanger', and I am finding myself flying FSX modeled aircraft more and more, like my Aerosoft aircraft, among others. I'm pretty sure the Twin Otter and Beaver are true FSX models, and the results show it.

But the problem really lies in the fact that the Frame Rates were higher in FS9, as the 'FSX' Do is actually a ported FS9 *model*, and not a true FSX model, which wiould probably yield much better results for such a complex aircraft.

Unfortunate, as it used to be one of my favorites in FS9, but I skip right past it in FSX. There are much better offerings performance-wise in 'my hanger', and I am finding myself flying FSX modeled aircraft more and more, like my Aerosoft aircraft, among others. I'm pretty sure the Twin Otter and Beaver are true FSX models, and the results show it.

Yes, they are true FSX models.