Problems With Hughes Trim, Prop Rpm, & Carb Heat

macwino

I’m learning to fly the Hughes and am encountering some problems.

[i've edited this post to delete the problems I'd encountered with the Trim and Carb Heat and which I resolved on my own.]

First, the Prop RPM crank in the VC doesn’t respond to my joystick in a smooth, controllable fashion. The VC crank animation is very jerky and appears to have only 2 or 3 positions to which it jumps. This also applies when I try to manually drag the crank in the VC. However, when I use a key command to adjust the RPM, the VC crank moves smoothly. I don’t have this problem with any other plane. All the other VC animations appear to work properly.

Second, I sometimes lose the clickability of the heading button and the descent/climb button in the autopilot. They are frozen and don't work in either of the 2 VC views. Sometimes, they unfreeze and I can adjust them. Otherwise, to unfreeze them, I have to disable the autopilot and then re-enable it. Are there any key commands for these functions that might work when the visual display is frozen?

Third, the default H key command doesn't work for turning the Carb Heat on and off.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks, Robert

I'm learning to fly the Hughes and am encountering some problems.

[i've edited this post to delete the problems I'd encountered with the Trim and Carb Heat and which I resolved on my own.]

First, the Prop RPM crank in the VC doesn't respond to my joystick in a smooth, controllable fashion. The VC crank animation is very jerky and appears to have only 2 or 3 positions to which it jumps. This also applies when I try to manually drag the crank in the VC. However, when I use a key command to adjust the RPM, the VC crank moves smoothly. I don't have this problem with any other plane. All the other VC animations appear to work properly.

Second, I sometimes lose the clickability of the heading button and the descent/climb button in the autopilot. They are frozen and don't work in either of the 2 VC views. Sometimes, they unfreeze and I can adjust them. Otherwise, to unfreeze them, I have to disable the autopilot and then re-enable it. Are there any key commands for these functions that might work when the visual display is frozen?

Third, the default H key command doesn't work for turning the Carb Heat on and off.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks, Robert

About the RPM crank, try to use mouse wheel, if it's still hops you may want to reinstall.

On the other problems, I don't know, I don't use key command for carb heat and I haven't flown with autopilot that much to say anything, sorry

The card heat cannot be operated using a command you have to click on it, atleast I think this is true as I suffer from it myself.

As with the other problems you should maybe try another command for the prop or possibly a reinstall of the hughes to get it to work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input. A reinstall made no difference. But checking the "Filter" box within fsuipc for the Prop axis smoothed out the operation of the crank and it now works smoothly. I've not had to do this for any other plane, but if it works to resolve the problem, that's great. Still no solution to the Carb Heat key command, but that's not a big deal.

Unfortunately, my Trim problems have returned (my fix was ephemeral) and I'll be making a separate post on this soon.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Robert