Twin Otter Reflections

Spirit Flyer

Hello,

I have never been so pleased with an addon before as I am with the Twotter. I have abandoned all other aircraft, including payware heavies, except for an occasional sally-forth in my RealAir Spitfire. Which leads me to my first question (and only complaint). Is there a way for me to get rid of the window reflections in the Twin Otter VC? They are very strong, and to me, a distraction that makes the landscape seem dull and hazy. What is the point of having good hardware that gets rid of the blurries if you can't get a clear view outside anyway? It seems to me that it might be a good idea to have window reflections as an option that can be turned on and off like the spitfire has. I would settle just to have them permanently removed.

My second question is simple. Since I would like to try my hand at painting my own aircraft for the first tiime, I am considering purchasing the FS Paint program from Abacus. However, they warn that it will not work with some aircraft, without giving specifics. Does anyone know whether or not it will paint the Twin Otter? There we go, that's all I have to say after several hundred hours in the left seat and some 800 landings everywhere from Saba Island to Iceland. It is getting bad when I absent-mindedly reach up with my right hand towards the rear view mirror to throttle back while driving my Buick. :rolleyes:

Spirit Flyer

Cant help with the first question, but the Twotter has its own paint kit, check the rest of the forum for the info

My second question is simple. Since I would like to try my hand at painting my own aircraft for the first tiime, I am considering purchasing the FS Paint program from Abacus. However, they warn that it will not work with some aircraft, without giving specifics. Does anyone know whether or not it will paint the Twin Otter? There we go, that's all I have to say after several hundred hours in the left seat and some 800 landings everywhere from Saba Island to Iceland. It is getting bad when I absent-mindedly reach up with my right hand towards the rear view mirror to throttle back while driving my Buick. :rolleyes:

Spirit Flyer

If I remember correctly it doesn't work with twin otter. I might be wrong but I advice you not to buy fs repaint if you want it only for twin otter repainting

• Aerosoft
If I remember correctly it doesn't work with twin otter. I might be wrong but I advice you not to buy fs repaint if you want it only for twin otter repainting

No won't work as the Twin Otter really needs the full set of FSX standard textures to look good. So you will need a paint program that can handle multi layered image files.

Thank you PPS, Valtteri and Mathijs,

You rescued me from the frustration of buying software that would not suit my purpose. Does anyone have a word about the window reflections?

Spirit Flyer

• Aerosoft
Thank you PPS, Valtteri and Mathijs,

You rescued me from the frustration of buying software that would not suit my purpose. Does anyone have a word about the window reflections?

Spirit Flyer

Replace the DHC6_texture_5_T.dds texture in the \SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\fallback with the one attached here and I think that will be solved. Will make it look a bit 'flatter' though so we only advise it when you do not like the windows as they are.

DHC6_texture_5_T.zip