A Few Things I Would Love To See In Aes

I was watching my replays, and had a few ideas/questions pop up about AES. I searched the forums but didn't see these questions asked.

-I was wondering if there was a way that in the replays I could get the AES vehicles/crews to show? The pushback vehicle etc show when doing a flight, but when watching the replay they are not shown.

-Is there a way that the wheels can turn when doing a pushback? I love to sit back sometimes from the tower and watch a replay of a good flight, but the wheels on the airplanes during pushback don't "roll". They are completely stopped watching the plane being pushed-back. I noticed on a non AES pushback (default install) that the wheels on the airplane do roll, so is there a way this can be switched on?

-Is there any plans to have a "follow me" car that takes you to the active runway? I know we have one that takes us to the gates, but I always wondered why there was nothing to guide to the runway. Is it possible? I know in fsx daniel O's follow me car works well, especially at big airports, and would love to have that same feature here in FS9 with AES :)

Those are the only things I would love to see included/improved on. Other than that AES has added so much to my flights its amazing. I actually only fly airports now that have AES. It just feels lonely without it! Keep up the good work guys!!

I haven't tried it with an AES enabled airport but if you use the recorder module (can be found here http://www.fs-recorder.net/) it is possible to record AI movements (you can even play the recorded session as AI).

That is actually the program I use for recording my flights, and yes AI movements are recorded (AI airplanes). But those 3 things I mentioned above, are not. These are AES exclusive features, because in pushback with AES the wheels are frozen (do not roll) where as default when watching a pushback, the wheels do turn. Even when doing a non-recorded flight, watching say from the tower, the wheels are not turning during pushback. I love realism, but when I watch my airplane pushed back by an invisible vehicle (in replays), and the wheels are locked while it is being pushed back, it just takes away some from the realism for me. Seeing as default the wheels do roll, I thought it might be a simple fix maybe someone didn't notice. Same with the other items. Like I said I love AES, but these are definitely things that would immerse/improve my enjoyment even more :)

• Developer

Hi,

the way AES will make the pushback will get over the controll of the airplane from the FS (it is not using the internal pushback). This makes it possible to have a exact controll over the path the push will go. The negative side is, that the FS will not rotate the wheels.

The replay I never tested, but I will expact, when the FS will record the set of the parkingbrakes, it should show the jetways/stair and loader move, but the rest could not work, because the F-Keys are not recorded.

• Developer

Hi,

the way AES will make the pushback will get over the controll of the airplane from the FS (it is not using the internal pushback). This makes it possible to have a exact controll over the path the push will go. The negative side is, that the FS will not rotate the wheels.

The replay I never tested, but I will expact, when the FS will record the set of the parkingbrakes, it should show the jetways/stair and loader move, but the rest could not work, because the F-Keys are not recorded.