Any news about A330?

Georgy Lastochkin

Hi, everyone! There haven’t been news about A330 for more than a month. May be there is something new about this airliner? Can we see somewhere a list of liveries that will come with the model? Are there any problems with Xbox compatibility?

For me it would be very interesting to know if this project is still alive. In the flight manual of the A330 one can see that the latest beta test is from December 2 2023. I hope we get some news soon and when they come I hope them to be bigger and more informative than all the development updates together.

Latest update (today) said they have shifted development of it around the release of MSFS2024,  It will have both CEO and NEO options.     Soooo..... best wait another 6 months then I guess.

A surprising twist.... Just a month ago, they completed certain development sections ("Engine performance tuning and tweaking is now done!"). Now, nobody knows what the new sim will bring, but you can be damned sure you will redo all that tuning and tweaking. Of course, all developers will have to adapt to the new sim, but everybody knows that even if a sim is backward compatible, you are forced to use all the new features of a simulator to be commercially relevant. So, after the new sim launches, you need to do (or redo, in this case) some of the work you can't do now.  So, as there is no known release date of FS2024 and nobody knows how much adaptation will be needed, you end up with a project with no scheduled release date. 

Perhaps the most surprising thing is that the product must cover four different external models, four different cockpits, four different flight models, and four different sound sets. That's not a recipe for an easy-to-schedule project.

It's a puzzling statement. 

Mathijs Kok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Aerosoft has disappointed us a lot. And to top off the reputation he had since August, he has decided to finish off the company's reputation again. I was hesitant to buy the A330 for fear that it would abandon the product like the CRJ. Therefore, right now it is clear to me that it is better to avoid so as not to waste the money unless the product is not really abandoned. If in the end you don't follow the development, the best thing to do is to give it to another company. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, austrian niki said:

Please login to display this image.

Our guy was perfectly right...

Well, yes, we did know on that day what was going to happen and that it was going to be right, which is happening right now. None of us wouldn't have wasted time reading to find out how they were doing. 

In Spanish we say one thing about a company that does things wrong:

Esta empresa es un chiste, solo sabe hacer mal las cosas 

Traducción : This company is a joke, it just knows how to do things wrong  

• Upvote 1

What a disaster this process has been. I have been rooting for Aerosoft hoping things will turn around. But the combination of the treatment of the CRJ post release, the Twin Otter, and how the A330 project has been handled and communicated in the past 6/7 months especially, has made it impossible for me to continue to support this company. It gives me no pleasure to say that, and it has been a very sad process to watch. 

-Shane

• Upvote 3

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

A surprising twist.... Just a month ago, they completed certain development sections ("Engine performance tuning and tweaking is now done!"). Now, nobody knows what the new sim will bring, but you can be damned sure you will redo all that tuning and tweaking. Of course, all developers will have to adapt to the new sim, but everybody knows that even if a sim is backward compatible, you are forced to use all the new features of a simulator to be commercially relevant. So, after the new sim launches, you need to do (or redo, in this case) some of the work you can't do now.  So, as there is no known release date of FS2024 and nobody knows how much adaptation will be needed, you end up with a project with no scheduled release date. 

Perhaps the most surprising thing is that the product must cover four different external models, four different cockpits, four different flight models, and four different sound sets. That's not a recipe for an easy-to-schedule project.

Mathijs Kok

That is a very interesting insight from someone who should know it best. I don't understand Aerosoft and its decisions in terms of product development and marketing anymore. Apparently it's not different for you, Mathijs? (I don't expect you to answer that. ;))

Honestly, you no longer need aerosoft, keep your A330 for yourselves!

I'm sure the entire community doesn't believe any more words or promises.

It is absurd to wait until MS2024 comes out as all products are being developed for MS2020, such as PMDG, FENIX, FBW, BLUEBIRD, and many others, and only this company thinks differently than the others.

I hope the team changes its mind, as credibility is greatly affected after this sad update.

As a customer I am disappointed, and the launch of this product is no longer necessary, unfortunately the hype has gone to "ZERO"

RIP A330

TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT with this project.

Not only Salyut_ was right on the 3 year "development cycle", he actually fell short! HAHAHA

What´s even "funnier" is that the PMDG triple 7 will be released before the A330 vaporware from aerosoft. I just hope that the guys at headwind finish with the external model for the 339, and I´m pretty sure they will also release their 330 before!

On 1/22/2024 at 9:13 AM, austrian niki said:

Please login to display this image.

Our guy was perfectly right...

On 1/22/2024 at 8:22 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Mathijs Kok

Hey, Mathijs, I guess you could add Salyut_ back to that topic now!