AFC Bridge Xp11 and Xp12 causes 2-3 second stuttering

I have tried the 2.1 and 2.2 AFC bridge software in both Xp11 and Xp12 programs. In both instances I can see a 2-3 second pause in the sim when the honeycomb bridge software does whatever its doing in the sim. if I disable this of course no further delay at all in the sim. I just want the lights to work (and they are) that's it and no matter how I configure the software it does this.

I've yet to resolve this and its kind of annoying. Why would the AFC bridge need to take up 37% of the sim for 2-3 seconds? Is there a way to stop this?

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Where did you download the Configurator from ?

What profile is loaded and what plane is in use ?

When does that delay occurs exactly? 

Is it when you operate a switch or does it do it by itself ?

Regards.

I believe I've just resolved the issue so far no more stuttering 

1. New dataref tool plugin 2.3 I believe was causing some issue, went back to dataref tool 2.1

2. Not using any profiles at all, this was the default C172. I've configured the Bravo and Alpha directly with Xplane settings. However I did take the default Bravo Throttle and remove all settings in there other than LED lights for the Autopilot button and the caution and warning lights. All other lights and settings and toggles I remove and 2 flights no with no issues. 

• 3 months later...
vor 10 Stunden schrieb SimWare:

Please uninstall both the Datarefs editor and the Configurator.

Reboot the computer and reinstall the Configurator from this link as administrator. 

http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN_V2.zip

I already tried all that. It did not help. I heard from others that this is a known issue which never got fixed by Aerosoft...

• Aerosoft

We only have two known cases : dpdurst above who solved the issue by removing the dataref tool and you.

So this isn't a Configurator issue.

I will ask our programmer if they have some idea what in your system could cause this lag.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the issue come back, here is the second thread I posted about this issue in Aug 2023

I'll preface this by saying its 100% a software issue interacting with either Windows 10 or something else in Windows. The fact that only 2 folks have this issue is irrelevant IMO. I can easily during flight go to the admin plugin screen and uncheck the software and the stuttering stops, this tells me that the software is playing into this. There are reports of stutters from others, just how many dig into this and have the HC software loaded and tied the two together is another story.

This issue actually came back on my Win10 machine at some point out of the blue even after removing the suspect dataref tool that could have been causing the issue. I  also suspected a windows update triggered this and thought I knew which one of the two but didn't have luck removing them, as soon as I did Windows put them back on the machine.

So far my final solution to the issue for me was upgrading from Win10 to Win11, I took a spare SSD drive I had and loaded up Win11 on it and once I did that all issues with the stuttering have disappeared and have been gone through even the most recent Win11 updates. Whether it comes back or not in the future from something else who knows but its possible some difference in the interaction between the Win10 scheduler and the Win11 one is where the issue is at since there were changes made by MS in those area's.

• 1 month later...

I also have issue with micro-stutter in Xplane 12 when Honeycomb Bridge is enabled. Stutter goes away when Honeycomb plugin is disabled from plugin manager.

I have tried clean install of Xplane 12 with only Honeycomb plugin (http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN_V2.zip) added, same issue.

Every few seconds the plugin manager will show cost of Honeycomb bridge to be ~1-2fps.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 1:16 PM, rolf_l said:

I also have issue with micro-stutter in Xplane 12 when Honeycomb Bridge is enabled. Stutter goes away when Honeycomb plugin is disabled from plugin manager.

I have tried clean install of Xplane 12 with only Honeycomb plugin (http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN_V2.zip) added, same issue.

Every few seconds the plugin manager will show cost of Honeycomb bridge to be ~1-2fps.

Windows 11 upgrade (actually fresh install) resolved the issue for good for me

• Thanks 1