Simple Traffic & FSTraffic

mikkel

Hi, a question for Mathijs perhaps;

I read on the forums to FSTraffic that there is a lot of issues regarding their system for ingesting traffic, although nothing but praise given to the wast highly efficient airplane model library they've built.

Would it be possible to combine the two products? Maybe you could sell a cheaper version of Simple Traffic without the models for us who would like to combine the packages? Without knowing the inner workings of MSFS traffic system, I would guess that it could be the best solution possible at the moment for offline AI traffic?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Based on what (I think) I know, Simple Traffic simply paints the default MFS aircraft with more appropriate liveries. There is code of course for aligning the liveries geographically, but for only $14.99 US, it seems unlikely the effort to make a cheaper version would pay off for Aerosoft.

• Upvote 1

Yes, so if Simple Traffic is able to populate the world with airliners that look like they belong there, without a custom traffic system, install and forget, as the product emphasis, maybe it could utilise the models from FS Traffic instead of the Simple Traffic liveries for the default AI-plane(s)? Just a thought, and I would guess most of the development cost of Simple Traffic is the production of liveries that would not be needed for such a use case? Maybe it has no commercial interest for Aerosoft, but just a thought... if it could work.