Aerosoft EKVG - Error in XP12 due to fo_flag.obj

There is a problem with EKVG in XP12. It causes the sim to crash.

The culprit is resource fo_flag.obj. It seems to have an incompatible animation.

I replaced it with an empty object. Then the scenery loads.

Best Regards

Thomas

• Thanks 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb wahltho:

There is a problem with EKVG in XP12. It causes the sim to crash.

The culprit is resource fo_flag.obj. It seems to have an incompatible animation.

Thank you very much Thomas for this report: This happens with Version 2.1 of Faroe Islands XP and the latest version of X-Plane 12. We have already prepared a hot-fix. And even better, this hot-fix went online in the Aerosoft Shop today!

Please start Aerosoft One and update Faroe Islands XP. When your copy is on version 2.2 then X-Plane 12 should no longer crash. (expect the update to be available also in Partner Stores - in the upcoming days or next week respectively)

THX - I bought EKVG at X-Plae.org store.

When I try to download EKVG from the X-Plane.org store again, it downloads Aerosoft One.

When I open Aerosoft One, EKVG is not shown under my available downloads, only the sceneries I bought directly from Aerosoft are shown within Aerosoft One.

Best Regards

Thomas 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb wahltho:

When I try to download EKVG from the X-Plane.org store again, it downloads Aerosoft One. When I open Aerosoft One, EKVG is not shown under my available downloads, only the sceneries I bought directly from Aerosoft are shown within Aerosoft One.

Correct, our publisher Aerosoft is continuously porting all products to Aerosoft One. If you ordered "Faroe Islands XP" in the Org Store before it was ported to Aerosoft One, you may not see a "Serial Number" next to the Aerosoft One download-link, which you can enter as a "Product Key" in Aerosoft One. In that case, please contact the Org Store directly at sales@x-plane.org: Sent them your "Order Number" and request the "Serial Number" for your purchase. Thanks!

On the download page for your order, you should actually see some descriptive text that reads something like this: "Important: If you ordered Faroe Islands XP before it was on Aerosoft One and do not have a serial number, please contact sales@x-plane.org to get a serial number". And further: "Installation of Faroe Islands XP is done through Aerosoft One installer. After you have installed Aerosoft One, click on ENTER PRODUCT KEY (under the Library Tab) enter the Serial Number provided in this order. This will give you the option to download the scenery package".

vor 4 Stunden schrieb maps2xplane:

Correct, our publisher Aerosoft is continuously porting all products to Aerosoft One. If you ordered "Faroe Islands XP" in the Org Store before it was ported to Aerosoft One, you may not see a "Serial Number" next to the Aerosoft One download-link, which you can enter as a "Product Key" in Aerosoft One. In that case, please contact the Org Store directly at sales@x-plane.org: Sent them your "Order Number" and request the "Serial Number" for your purchase. Thanks!

On the download page for your order, you should actually see some descriptive text that reads something like this: "Important: If you ordered Faroe Islands XP before it was on Aerosoft One and do not have a serial number, please contact sales@x-plane.org to get a serial number". And further: "Installation of Faroe Islands XP is done through Aerosoft One installer. After you have installed Aerosoft One, click on ENTER PRODUCT KEY (under the Library Tab) enter the Serial Number provided in this order. This will give you the option to download the scenery package".

I now discovered. I wrote an email, hopefully they answer. For customers this process is a bit annoying.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb wahltho:

I now discovered. I wrote an email, hopefully they answer. For customers this process is a bit annoying.

Thanks for the info, Thomas! Please keep us posted if there are any issues with the Org Store. And yes, indeed, this process for existing customers is not particularly pleasant: The Org Store is obviously not able to automatically assign the "Serial Numbers" for existing customers 😞 Well, at least they offer a workaround for now. And now that we're on Aerosoft One, future updates will be easier, and faster available for customers - no more waiting for partner stores 🙂

Am 6.2.2023 um 16:46 schrieb wahltho:

I'm curious, did the Org Store respond quickly, did you receive your "Serial Number" for your Org Store purchase, and were you able to successfully unlock and update Faroe Islands XP to version 2.2 in Aerosoft One? Thanks for a short feedback!

• 2 months later...
Am 8.2.2023 um 12:41 schrieb maps2xplane:

I'm curious, did the Org Store respond quickly, did you receive your "Serial Number" for your Org Store purchase, and were you able to successfully unlock and update Faroe Islands XP to version 2.2 in Aerosoft One? Thanks for a short feedback!

Sorry for the late reply, yes everything went fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1