X Plane 12 Honeycomb Alpha starter switch

Hello,

I am trying to bind the starter engage for engine 1 and 2 to the starter rotray switch of the Alpha with the configurator.

I found the dataref and it moves the starter switch to position 4, which is the start position. But it does not stay on that and jumps instantly back to position for "magnetos both".

sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/ignition_key Index 0 or 1 with  Value 4

To junp back in the software, Is this a behavior of the programming of the hardware switch itself?
How can this be managed?

The binding "engage starter for engine 1 or 2" workes in the keysettings in XP12 for the starter switch hardware but not with the configurator.

Thank for any hints.

• Aerosoft

Hello,

What aircraft are you using ?

Are you using the Honeycomb Configurator to address the Dataref ?
If yes, can you check if the very same button isn't already assigned in the Control assignments in Xplane iteself ?
(This can lead to conflictual commands)

Best regards. 

hello,

B58,

Honeycomb configurator with condition sparkers fn_button = 1 or 0 and variable.

"None" assigned in the settings within the XP menu to avoid the conflicts.

All workes fine, its just the starter it self gets for a second or so the status 4 and then bounces immediately back to 3. It reacts like a toggle instad like a switch.

if I address the starter switch "start" status with the XP menu "engage Starter" the key stays in the start position. But then I can only address one side and have to assign the switch for the second engine to another switch. That works. The challenge is to get both with conditions over the configurator and the starter switch.

😉

Thanks for help.