Hopefully version 1.22 within a week or two

pellelil

Since the last release (1.21.1) I've kept busy working on a brand new feature-set (to be discussed at a later time), and I've added many new features and fixed various issues I came about, and as usual I also made many updates the databases that are used by Flightplan Visualizer (FV). Once such new feature already mentions was the feature to download and display (AIG) airline-logos when browsing airlines. Also I made various changes to the feature of directly downloading AIG (AI) flightplans to be imported into FV. However all these new/updated features went out of the window the second AIG had to move to a new server-setup to cope with the increased bandwidth requirement of all the new users using AIG AIM/TC to inject AI-traffic into MSFS. For a long I was waiting to see if/when AIG was able to again offer the ability to download airline-logos and flightplans directly into FV, however sadly this is no longer an option.

For quite some time Flightplan Visualizer was put on the back burner, while I weighted my options as to what to do next, and in the meantime I chose to use my spare-time on other projects that needed my involvement. For those who might be interested, one such project is a program I released last year being able to produce (audio) single-cycle waveforms that can be loaded into hardware/software synthesizers/samples. In August this year I released a new version of this program (Waveform Generator), with a new feature of being able to also  generate (audio) wave-tables. If interested here at this url, you can find videos explaining how the software can be used, and you also find a download link (the software is free, but only available for Windows): http://www.infinite-noise.com/WaveformGenerator.aspx

Anyhow back on track. With the update for Waveform Generator being released, I could again return my focus to Flightplan Visualizer. Sadly I've had to remove the feature to download (AIG) flightplans directly into FV, as these are no longer available to external software. Also I had to remove- or at least totally rewrite the feature to download the AIG airline-logos. In stead I now have to manually download the AI flightplans (externally, not using FV), and once these have been downloaded, I can import them into FV. I guess most users are not themselves downloading/importing flightplans, so this will only be an issue for myself and those who did download flightplans themselves.

Likewise since the AIG airline-logos are no longer available for download by FV either, I've had to do the "next best thing". If you are using AIG AIM, it will download the airline-logos to a local folder for the flightplans you are using with AIG AIM/TC. So in settings of FV you can now specify the location of this folder, and FV will then use the airline-logos it finds in the folder, together with the new LogoCache folder added in version 1.22.

Just last weekend I manually downloaded and imported 3-400 new/updated flightplans that have been released since FV was last able to download flightplans. Most of these are updated versions of flightplans that already are bundled with FV, but there are also many brand new flightplans, for airlines that are not available in the currently released versions of FV. While downloading all these new/updated flightplans I had an issue with about 5 of them, but I have a good idea of what went wrong, and where I have to look in the code, so I think (hope) it will be a quick fix, to import these few remaining flightplans.

For a long time it was my plan to release version 1.22 with "the new feature-set" enabled. But even though I had already spend a long time working on this feature-set I still have quite a few items on my "to do list" before I am ready to release a version enabling these new features. So in stead I want to release version 1.22 with most of these new features disabled. However there will be some forms that have added fields/columns that might hint about the new feature coming later, but it will not break the software in any way.

So I hope to be able to release version 1.22 (bundled with all the new/updated flightplans) within this or the next week, pending on if the last items to iron out are to be completed as I hope/plan.

• Thanks 1