ILS EDDM 26L Missed Approach

Hello, everyone!

I've been training missed approaches via the FMC and I'm not sure if I'm using the FMC incorrectly or if the CRJ has perhaps issues with this from time to time...

E.g. the missed approach in EDDM ILS RW 26L - up to OTT the CRJ flies correctly and then goes correctly into the holding. If I now fly direct to OTT and want to configure the FMC for a new approach to the 26L, 

I select ILS RW26L and TRANS OTT, the FMC does not show correctly and the CRJ is flying some stupid routes ;) . If I select the same approach a second time immediately afterwards, the correct route is displayed 

and flown.

What is the correct way to proceed here? Also, after several missed approaches, I eventually get problems with the FMC and too many "white lines" are shown on the display...

I suspect that I'm making an operating error... Maybe someone has the time and inclination to create a video with several missed approaches one after the other?  That could well happen in reality...

Greetings, Volker. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use