Copy/Paste Events between buttons

It would be amazing if a future version of the configurator had the ability to copy/paste events between buttons.

I'm currently setting up a profile for a twin-engine aircraft, and am repurposing one of the trim switches on the AFC to be an engine selector (up for engine 1, and down for engine 2).

Then I have a bunch of buttons on the BFC to program with paired conditional events, one conditional upon engine 1 being selected, the other on engine 2 being selected, plus the actual effects of the button press.

If we had the ability to copy/paste events from one button to another, that would make this a lot faster.

For now, I guess I'll just copy/paste the json, and modify the actual button assignments there.

• Aerosoft

Hi Nathan,

welcome to our forums.

Noted...thanks for the suggestion.

I myself have never thought of actually sharing a condition with an internal variable between the Alpha and Bravo...but yes...might work I guess :-). Nice idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually know that it works. I guess since there's only one instance of the plugin running in X-Plane, the internal variables are shared between both profiles.

So I have one of the trim switches on the AFC setting INT:ENG_SEL, integer (engine select), and then on the BTQ, I have some of the general purpose toggles using that same variable in a pair of condition variables bound to various per engine operations. So I can hold trim-up, and flip a switch, and my left engine fuel pump turns on. Hold trim-down, and flip the same switch, and my right engine fuel pump turns on.

The only real annoyance is that I have to remember to unflip the toggle between engines, but that's not really addressable in software unless I want to make both directions toggles instead of explicit on/off switches.

I've also got my rudder trim and aileron trim switches all setting a variable called INT:ROTARY_MODE, string when pressed, and clearing it when released. Aileron trim sets NAV1/NAV2, and Rudder trim sets COM1/COM2 based on direction.

Then I have 4 different press events bound to Increase/Decrease on the BTQ. Each of them have a condition on a specific value of INT:ROTARY_MODE, string and as you might have guessed will cause the rotary to modify the radio frequency for the named radio.

Still need to go back in and re-add the AP rotary controls again.

EDIT: wait, I wrote that last paragraph, and then remembered that since I have the BTQ on my right, it was a hassle to hold the trim switch while fiddling with the rotary knob. So instead I modified it and it now sets on the first press, and clears on the second.

You know, now that I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if the AFC/BTQ are Turing Complete...

I don't have everything done yet, but I've attached the profile files anyway, in case anyone's interested. Hopefully they're in a good state, I was doing some more poking around at a few things earlier...

AFC Beechcraft Baron 58.json BFC Beechcraft Baron 58.json

• Thanks 2

• Aerosoft

Thanks Nathan for sharing your profiles with the community! You are really maxing out on what is currently possible. Pulling my imaginary hat... 🙂.

Happy Easter!

• Upvote 1