Cannot load nav data file

I have just purchased PFPX. It installed and runs except that at startup I get a message saying it could not load aircraft types from C:\users\public\documents. . During the installation I saw that files were being copied to C:\users\public\documents. I have downloaded a new Nav database file but when I try to load it I can only find C:\users\public\public documents. All the PFPX files are there but when I put the nav data file there PFPX cannot find it. I believe it is because that folder, (documents) does not exist. I have attached a screen shot of the drive folder structure.

Can anyone help please?

Graeme

Please login to display this image.

Hi Stephen,

I have misled you a little. The error actually says E drive as per snapshot. The E drive has exactly the same folder structure as the snapshot I sent of the C Drive. On the E Drive all the PFPX folders are there and except for the Nav data folder they contain no data. 

Not sure if this is a fix or a work around but I have copied the contents of the C Drive PFPX Public Documents over to the E Drive and everything appears to be working - for now.

Thanks for your time Stephen.

Graeme

Not sure how that will work out, can you check the registry entry as depicted here:

These are windows default paths, if yours do not match you may need advice on restoring or correcting paths

Archived