Kudos to Aerosoft ...

Wing Nut

... for the Twin Otter. In 30 years of skydiving I've ridden in and jumped out of Twin Otters including the Perris Club's "Shark Air". (The SA at the end of the tail number stands for Shark Air.) Imagine how excited I was to have that livery. I've always loved that paint job. And now I can fly it! Wow!

I can tell you that after many hundreds of Otter rides the flight model is right on, as is the sound. The only inaccuracies are the jump door, which is not a cargo net but a lexan "roll top" style door. Also the shark mouth isn't quite right. There's too much curl in the mouth. But I can live with that.

So thanks Aerosoft for making an old retired skydiver happy.

P.S.

In all the years I've been around the DHC-6 nobody has EVER called it a Twotter. We've always referred to it as "the Otter".

• Aerosoft
... for the Twin Otter. In 30 years of skydiving I've ridden in and jumped out of Twin Otters including the Perris Club's "Shark Air". (The SA at the end of the tail number stands for Shark Air.) Imagine how excited I was to have that livery. I've always loved that paint job. And now I can fly it! Wow!

I can tell you that after many hundreds of Otter rides the flight model is right on, as is the sound. The only inaccuracies are the jump door, which is not a cargo net but a lexan "roll top" style door. Also the shark mouth isn't quite right. There's too much curl in the mouth. But I can live with that.

So thanks Aerosoft for making an old retired skydiver happy.

P.S.

In all the years I've been around the DHC-6 nobody has EVER called it a Twotter. We've always referred to it as "the Otter".

Thanks for the kind words!

I know about that para door, but as with all models we have taken bits of several aircraft to make our model. A transparent door is real complex as reflections and opacity are all highly depending on the hardware, we do not fully control how it will look so we try to avoid that.

Twotter seems to be a nickname that is not used everywhere, most likely because of the second sexual meaning of the word. Leave it to me to have two aircraft created (Beaver and Twotter) that both get very varied results when researched on the Internet :lol:

Small world. Two days ago I was flying out of Long Beach Airport and SOCAL approach called out a DeHavilland conducting airdrops nearby on my way back to Las Vegas.

Seems most clear now that it was one of the Perris Skydiving school's Twin Otters!

Ken

P.S.

Don't forget the single engined DHC3 "Otter" exists in it's own right as "the Otter" - er, I guess we could call that one a "Sotter"?? :lol:

a "Sotter" ? LOL The plot thickens.

But seriously ChrisB I would love to have a Single Otter. Always loved that plane with it's big round engine. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Aerosoft would make that one? Would be a great companion for the Beaver.

"Thirty years of jumping"? You#ll have jumped out of the best then. All I can clain are thirty-nine jumps up to 20 seconds free. But I have jumped out of Beavers (ghastly slippery floor and a strong slipstream), DO27s (cramped with 4 jumpers) and Islanders (mad rush to get everyone out at the same time...

An Otter from Aerosoft? Now that would be a dear plane to add to the hangar.