INT: Variables

HI Ben,

I was wondering if you can

1-  use an xplane dataref in the "Value" field of a custom internal variable.

ie ...

Variable:

CUSTOM NAME

Name: INT: CURRENT_HOBBS_TIME

Index:

Value: sim/time/hobbs_time

2- Increment a custom internal variable

ie...

Variable:

CUSTOM NAME

Name: INT: MY_COUNTER

Index:

Value: +=1

Thanks,

Bob

• Aerosoft

Hi Bob,

currently both cases are not covered. The plugin won't accept them. Should there be an actual use case for this I can put it onto my list to look into. No promises, though.

I was just thinking about how to automatically change the speed of the INCR/DECR knob for ALT/HDG/CRS etc. using internal variables

One idea I had was to count the amount of clicks per second the knob was turned, and go into a "slow mode" or "fast mode" depending on the knob turn rate per second using a couple of events.

Another one is to use one of the 7 switches below the knob to change an internal variable that can trigger different Press Events set with different Repeat Activations to speed things up and slow them down.

But I hate to waste a good switch! -)

• Aerosoft

Well: what you currently can do is assign different repeat activation thresholds per event, so you can have different speeds for the rotary depending on if you want to move "ALT", "HDG" etc.

Archived