Help for HoneyComb

Hello
Due to the LED problems encountered on my Trhottel Quadrant, it was due to a manufacturing defect (Led polarities inversion during assembly).
Now that I have a brand new and operational Trhottel, I would like to know why a big manufacturer like HoneyComb, cannot provide more configuartions, so that we can be in control of our planes faster?
We are not all programmers, and I admit that it is not easy to find among Datarefs and Commands the right options to configure our controllers. Although many offer us configs for such or such aircraft, there are sometimes often commands not recognized by XPLANE or not planned.
I thank you for your possible feedback on this subject which concerns me on a lot of people using these controllers.
Philippe B

• Aerosoft

Hi Philippe,

good to hear you now have a working throttle at your disposal. Regarding your question:

for a hardware device manufacturer it is simply not possible from a resource point of view to supply profiles for all aircraft and all simulator platforms that are out there. That is because they are just too many and with completely different approaches in how they are designed. That is also why we developed the Honecycomb Configurator alongside in the first place: to primarily allow aircraft developers themselves to create and supply the profiles for their aircraft, as they know their inner workings best. And that is also why we continue to enhance and add new features to it as we listen into what the community wants to accomplish and currently cannot.

So, while I understand that there is a learning curve involved for users in getting to terms with the Configurator, we can only supply a tool that enables the community to do what it wants. But we cannot do it for them.

I hope that is comprehensible. 

Archived