Flight Plan used in "Vol 3 - Tutorial Flight" and The Dude's tutorial videos

JayG

Taken directly from the Vol 3 Manual:

"The flight planning for this tutorial flight was done with PFPX. Most likely you get slightly different results when recompiling this route meanwhile as new AIRAC cycles might include changes to airways, waypoints or whatsoever. These changes are supposed to be neglected for this tutorial.

EDLP WRB1X WRB UL126 DINKU L603 AKANU AKAN3A EDDM

We will depart Paderborn from runway 06 and follow Warburg WRB1X SID (Standard Instrument Departure) to Warburg, WRB VOR. Then we follow airway UL126 to DINKU waypoint, there we’ll switch to airway L603 which we follow until waypoint AKANU. Here we start to follow AKAN3A STAR to Munich airport.

In case we cannot land in Munich (for example due to bad weather) we’d have to fly to an alternate. During flight planning the alternate is going to be selected taking several aspects such as distance to alternate, weather forecast into consideration. For this tutorial we will select EDDS."

See tutorial video by The Dude related to :

I plugged this flightplan into Simbrief using the current AIRAC cycle, and it comes back as valid, so it can be planned there if you want to fly using Live Weather, or change the weights to something other than the tutorial gives.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, neither Little Nav Map, nor Navigraph nor Simbrief on my end likes AKAN3A.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Am i holding it wrong?

I suspect it's because the newest AIRAC has changed things but this makes following this from the tutorial

---

When you seek support, we might ask if you have followed this guide and exactly at what point things on your screen do not match with what you expect from the text. Please be as exact as possible in that!

---

kind of difficult for a "newb" like me, hehe.

Well, i try it out with this one:

GISD1X GISDI Y13 ALEXU N850 BIBTA Z719 OSBIT P605 TOSTU N624 NIKUT T726 GEBNO Z54 NOMBO Y161 RIDAR Z98 WLD T104 ROKIL ROKI1A

Let's see how it plays out, haha.

Archived