Bravo Problems

I received my Bravo in December and have had nothing but problems, running in XPlane 11.  Any help much appreciated:

1) Out of the box there seem to be no default profiles, i.e. all buttons are "do nothing" and LED light not functioning.  Not a huge deal, just surprising and annoying.  Many of these can be assigned within XPlane and others in configurator.

2) Over the past months I successfully had downloaded the configurator but have had other issues.  I recently decided to start from clean slate, as I feared I had made a big web of trying to drag files back and forth, duplicates, etc.  So today I uninstalled anything related to XPlane and reinstalled using the digital download.

3) With XPlane newly reinstalled, I plugged in the Bravo hoping that it would have some profiles out of the box, not the case, must reconfigure.  Before wasting time by doing the "easy" assignments in XPlane, I wanted to get the LEDs and AP assignments taken care of in Configurator.

4)I have watched the videos on how to work with the configurator.  When I go to "Setup.exe" I am unable, getting the following message:  "The code execution cannot proceed because Qt5Core.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."  I am not sure how to proceed from here.

5) Sidenote - Looking in the XPlane joystick folder and searching "Honeycomb" (C:\X-Plane 11\Resources\joystick configs) I only come across Alpha.joy file, not a Bravo.joy file.  Therefore, since I couldn't open the Configurator's Setup.exe file, I decided to check for a Bravo.joy file in the newly downloaded Aerosoft Configurator Zip folder (C:\Users\Tres\Dropbox\My PC (DESKTOP-60OT3PH)\Downloads\AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN_V2.zip\Setup\Resources.zip\Resources\joystick configs\).  Having seen people drag the Resources file into the XPlane resources file and knowing that there are Bravo .joy files in this folder, I gave it a shot.  Now, however, I get a message to "Enter password."  I have no idea what password this is referring to.  Is it something within Aerosoft's password protection?  Something on my PC?  How would I know?

Thanks for any advice.  I am just really surprised at how much more difficult this is to work with than the Alpha.

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

May be this is an operating system problem.

The dll QT5Gui.dll or QT5Core.dll is missing ... there are some infos about that on a Microsoft page:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/qt5guidll/35ec888e-5e19-401c-ab4a-37bf66c6de97

If you search for Qt5Core.dll missing with the web , there are more Infos to find...

And may be it is an idea to install the C++ 64Bit Libraries.
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140594-important-infos-about-windows-c-libraries-and-more/

As I know the QT5 is a part of them....

Greets Heinz

Heinz thanks much for your help.  I had to reinstall Windows and I'm now able to get into Configurator.  I think I have 80% configuring done, but when going into XPlane itself, cannot find my profile.  Mapping is as follows:  C:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\AFC_Bridge\honeycomb_profiles, then in this folder I have two .json files (Default and one I created, HC Baron).  Is my mapping correct?  Should it be showing up in XPlane?  Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello,

it looks ok.

In the X-Plane 11 Menu - Settings - Joystick it will not be visible. That is correct.

But you have to activate your loaded profile with the Configurator (Actions - Activate current Profile) and then you have to load it with the X-Plane 11 Menu - Plugins - Honeycomb - BFC Throttle - reload bindings.

That shall work.

More Infos and tips you find here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/158084-honeycomb-configurator-a-little-instruction-for-x-plane-11/

Greets Heinz

Heinz,

Thanks again!  I am traveling this week but look forward to continuing troubleshooting in a few days.

Really appreciate your time.

Best regards,

Tres

Heinz,

I am back home and continuing troubleshooting.  I can't seem to find Honeycomb listed under plugins.  Both the Aplha and Bravo are plugged into PC, and I am able to manipulate the controls to fly the aircraft, however?

Am I looking in the wrong place?  Do I need to recheck a file path?

Thank you, Sir.

• Administrator

hello,

is there no AFC_Bridge Plugin in your ...resources/plugins folder?

Then the Honeycomb Configurator is not correct installed.

With your post from Sunday you have installed it as you said...

May be please send us your Log file (Log.txt) as an attachement. You find it in your installed X-Plane 11 folder.

Close X-Plane 11 before...

Greets Heinz

• Aerosoft

Hi Tres,

C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/AFC_Bridge/win_x64/AFC_Bridge.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.

This hints towards missing visual studio runtimes. Try and download "vc_redist.x64.exe" from here and see if it solves your issue.

Ben,

This did it!  Thanks much to both you and Heinz for helping with this.  I greatly appreciate it.  It's you guys that add the real value to these products.  For me, they would have been unusable otherwise.  

Thank you!

Tres

• Aerosoft

We are glad that solved it for you, Tres. Have fun with your Bravo.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived