Proflight Newbie questions

dfish

I everyone, I've just got a few question abot PFE/PF2K.

1. Lets say I include Star "XYZ" and RWY "A" in fy flightplan. During the flight the arrival RWY has change to "B". How will ATC react, as my waypoints will be different.

and,

2. Is there an option "Descend at Pilots disgresion" to allow me to use my TOD cue?

Thanks,

Dave F.

Hi Dave,

1. In PF you can add a SID/STAR to your flight plan if you wish, and that will not change regardless of the active runway assigned on your arrival. Using this feature you simply fly each waypoint in your plan, including the SID/STAR.

What we've added in PFE is a feature where you can assign a SIDSTAR name to a particular runway.

Let's take EGGW (Luton) as an example. I could add LUT08 and LUT26 for STARS against runways 8/26 respectively. Nothing is actually added to your flightplan but when you reach your final waypoint and get handed off to Approach you will be cleared to final on pilots discretion using the Lema Uniform Tango Zero Eight approach if runway 8 is active or Lema Uniform Tango Two Six if runway 26 is being used. This allows you, the pilot, to fly whatever published approach you want, without any interruption from ATC, and once established on the localiser you then make contact with Tower.

In much the same way you can add SIDs to runways too, Tower will clear you for takeoff and read out the SID name for departure, at which point you fly your publish departure and ATC will not contact you again until you reach your pre-configured (SID completion) altitude or the first waypoint in your flight plan (whichever comes first).

With both SIDs and STARs if you do not wish to go to the trouble of entering names for each runway at the airports you fly to the most you can just activate SIDs and/or STARs and choose to use the default name of Delta Papa for SIDs (DPs) or Sierra Tango for STARs.

2. No, but I have already added this to my list of 'things to do' following a previous request for the same.

Hope this helps