joysticks.. again? the MSFFB2.. why doesnt it work.....

wehyam

I dont want to fly the dornier with a yoke (and I dont like the CH yoke anyway).. BUT my Microsoft Force feedback 2 which works beautifully in Condor (a gliding sim) and X-Plane (you know about them, they have the best flight models :wink:)

YET it is almost impossible to use/handle in either FSX or FSX it flails and jerks about totally unrealistically.. and is impossible to trim hands off..

I cant understand it but I dont think its a problem with my stick..

SO Given that the Dornier (and the katana) are two of the best GA planes around.. what do people fly them with?

I think force feed back has to be involved.. to get proper trim/flying control ..

If this has done the rounds sorry but.. .. :?

regards

Have you tried turning the force feedback level and return to center tension to low? Control Panel-Game Controllers-Sidewinder force feedback 2 properties-forces-

Set them to low. You can create an fsx profile there too.

You can also go into FSX settings-controllers-forces- and disable any that you dont like. I'd suggest for you maybe disable stick shaker and rectractble gear? Play around with it, I'm sure you can find something you will like. If that doesn't work there is a good program called "FS Force"

http://www.fs-force.com/

Thanks serial.. I've tried fiddling with the FSX settings and I think your first advice is for the sidewinder which is not my stick..Mine's even earlierI've down loaded the fs-force demo..

regards wehyam

Did you turn off all under the FSX Settings? Or all under the controller properties? Or both? I would probably recommend to you to turn off all under the FSX settings but keep the controller properties to low. Don't get down! I guarantee you this will feel much better than any joystick that uses springs! ;)

Control Panel-Game Controllers-Sidewinder force feedback 2 properties-forces-

the last step -forces- is not there..

properties doesnt lead to anything I can tweak

It just has setting and test.. the setting calibrates for position and test lets you see all things that should click click..

Is there somethin I should have downloaded from MS?

regards

Your joystick should have came with some software to install. It appears that you do not have it installed. I would recommend leaving the joystick plugged in, then go to your control panel-game controllers- select the joystick, select "remove". Once that is done, disconnect the joystick. Download then open the zip file from the link below, open "setup" and follow the instructions.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mzgtghvy4m

Thanks serial.. done that.. sorted.. I think..

My joystick came from ebay.. the stick and a couple of bits of wire..

but I think I'm fixed.. of course

I'll be back whining if things break on me

regards :P

Well Serial/Nick.. since you ask.. I see you picked up on an earlier bleat..

1) I'm now really pleased with the joystick.. In fact if oh if if only I'd done this before.. I wouldnt have bought the Saitek Yoke.. It is better than the CH BUT its still not right.. bug free or not.. Anyway now the MSFFB2 is fine..

I'm trimming and taking forces off and its lovely..

NOW :roll:

my next problem (I've been doing X-plane.. but I'm coming back to FSX .. there are pluses and minuses .. the MSFFB2 behaved perfectly with X-plane!! )

I've got the Aerosoft Beaver pack (and the Dornier 27 but that's another SFX hassle )

I cant find a way of programming the GPS .. It sits there on the 'dashboard' but its too small for programming and fiddling with en situ.. Can you tell me whether there is way of getting it into a window?

I cant find anything in the manual but I DO REMEMBER SOMETHING IN 2004?

OR alternatively getting rid of it.. It must be using frames..

regards mayhew... or wehyam Whatever.. :?

Been trying that.. :(

does that work on any Beaver?

Because it certainly doesnt on the amphib.

I dont just want to move it I want to make it big enough to read and 'program'

and my recent search: GPS + Beaver

has just led to a couple of threads where people are talking dirty about config files (my legs turn to water) and M.Kok was been talking about NO WAY.and zooming in etc.. my feeling is that it is largely cosmetic!

maybe I've got an old version..

going round again. regards..