Installing Acceleration but not Service Pack 2

ArnoldVDH

Obviously I am looking forward to installing the Acceleration pack since my wife bought it for me.

However, there seem to be a fair amount of problems with the associated SP2 which comes with the acceleration pack.

Thus the question is, is it possible to install the acceleration pack but not SP2.

If possible, I assume this would fall under the "advance" installation instead of the default "express" installation.

Please advise.

Regards,

Arnold.

Obviously I am looking forward to installing the Acceleration pack since my wife bought it for me.

However, there seem to be a fair amount of problems with the associated SP2 which comes with the acceleration pack.

Thus the question is, is it possible to install the acceleration pack but not SP2.

interesting, from what I have read, the acceleration pack causes more problems than SP2 ... :?:

can't verify that though, have tried neither, because of the reasons mentioned here ...

Hiya,

many users have reported a slight performance increase after installing service pack 2. MS again fixed quite a number of bugs, and applied some significant changes. I would expect the majority of future FSX addons to require SP2 to be installed, so my suggestion would be to install it.

Wether or not you want to install Acceleration too, is up to you. If you like the additional missions, aircraft and sceneries - go ahead. If not, leave the box at the shelves :).