Major issues with Airbus after windows update

jamieslaney

Hi,
 I have had no issues up until about 4 weeks ago. I was running Airbus A318/319 and the A320/A321 products on Prepa3dV3.2. After returning from a holiday, Windows installed some huge updates and after doing that, I opened up the flight sim ( all normal) loaded a flight and the first thing I saw was that one of the flight displays (ND) were not working- that includes brightening or dimming of the screens. After trying other aircraft, I found similar issues- Autopilot display blank, the transponder not responding, the radio panels, or the flight management computers not working at all . The thing was, every model had a different issue making the problem more complex. First thing I tried was to reinstall the sim and the add on- no luck, So I contacted Aerosoft and their experts replied quickly enough either side of Christmas to assist me. I know they are very good- they have helped me previously.

They got me to do all sorts of things, they got me to update and reinstall service packs, files and other things I don't even understand. Eventually they were out of ideas and asked me to reinstall windows. I've done that, and the sim is still not working. They are suggesting something in the installation of the sim is preventing the airbus working and loading correctly. I was hoping by reaching out here there may be someone who could help me. I'm no computer expert but I'm pretty desperate and would love to know what the actual issue is and how I could overcome it and get back flying again!

Feel free to contact me directly at jdslaney@hotmail.co.uk

Archived