Frigate and Shipyard placement

BrentBeale

I've applied the 2.1 patch and started to try out different ships in various locations using Shipyard. I am having no luck creating a scenery (.bgl) file for the Frigate but no problems with other ships. Push create scenery, save file name. it closes but no bgl file is found in the folder (FSXSimObjectsBoatsAerosoft_ShipScenery) and of course nothing for FSX to build.

...perhaps a minor incompatibility between the shipyard and Seahawk/Jayhawk 2.1?

Any one else having this problem or have suggestions?

Thanks,

Brent

• Aerosoft
I've applied the 2.1 patch and started to try out different ships in various locations using Shipyard. I am having no luck creating a scenery (.bgl) file for the Frigate but no problems with other ships. Push create scenery, save file name. it closes but no bgl file is found in the folder (FSXSimObjectsBoatsAerosoft_ShipScenery) and of course nothing for FSX to build.

...perhaps a minor incompatibility between the shipyard and Seahawk/Jayhawk 2.1?

Any one else having this problem or have suggestions?

Thanks,

Brent

Brent, check the location the BGL file is saved. It should be in ...fsxMainFolderSimObjectsBoatsAerosoft_Shipscenery as you say but we have seen systems that default to other folders. When in doubt just create the bgl's to the desktop and move them. But let me know in that case.

Mathjis,

I tried again, double checked the correct folder and again the program accepted the filename I gave it and then closed shipyard but did not create the bgl in the correct folder (or anywhere for that matter as I did a search). Using exactly the same kml file I tried creating the bgl on the desktop as you suggested....same result - no file. This only happens when I select the F220 Frigate as the ship type.

Cheers,

Brent

• Aerosoft
Mathjis,

I tried again, double checked the correct folder and again the program accepted the filename I gave it and then closed shipyard but did not create the bgl in the correct folder (or anywhere for that matter as I did a search). Using exactly the same kml file I tried creating the bgl on the desktop as you suggested....same result - no file. This only happens when I select the F220 Frigate as the ship type.

Cheers,

Brent

Okay, we are talking the 2.10 of Seahawk right?

Hi,

I have the same problem : impossible to instal the frigate 222

Everything ok for other ships.

I use the very last version of Seahawk & Jayhawk.

Many thanks for help :wink:

Paul, alias "papyvolant"

Mathjis,

Have you been able to duplicate this problem and can you comment on whether it can be fixed?

There are enough ship platforms to take off and land on so it's not a show-stopper for this excellent product but it would be nice to use the frigate if possible.

Thanks,

Brent

• Aerosoft
Mathjis,

Have you been able to duplicate this problem and can you comment on whether it can be fixed?

There are enough ship platforms to take off and land on so it's not a show-stopper for this excellent product but it would be nice to use the frigate if possible.

Thanks,

Brent

To be honest, no. But there is a PostIt on my desk to do so tomorrow. If there is an issue it should be easy top solve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...