Saitek Yoke unexpected actions

bjhoff

Dear experts,

a few days ago I have acquired the saitek yoke system with pedals. I play FSX with XP. I have installed the yoke software that came with the box but never used it.

When playing once in while and out of sudden the system generates button actions - but I haven´t touched anything. For instance the gear goes up, a/p is engaged and atc window comes up (all actions are on yoke/throttle buttons).

What goes wrong here? If I cannot adress these issues the product will go back to aerosoft. I have switched over from CH products which never showed this behavior. Thx for helping!

Bejay

Same here.

First I thought it has something to do with the GoFlight software I had installed, but after de-installation of GoFlight software, the problems went down, but didn't disappear completely. Don't know what causes this problem at this moment.

On the Saitek site more and more people are reporting the same kind of problems out of the box. I assume they work on a solution.

Hope the problem will be solved soon.

Hmmm, I have never seen this but make sure that buttons 9, 10 and 11 do not have anything assigned to them. That is the little dial on the back of your right hand. Those buttons appear to be "always on" so if anything is assigned to them in FS I would expect you would see unexpected behavior...

-Paul

I have the saitek X52 and have had the same problem with that system the way I solved it was to cancel all assignment's to buttons 32,33,34

I assume saitek expected this to be used as a scrolling mouse. but with them activated I had nothing but headache.Hopefully if you dissable the assignments to your saitek yoke that are causing[gear, a/p and atc] to act erradically and re-assign those to different buttons ,Hope it works :?

On the Saitek forum there is a possible solution:

Delete all button asignment for the yoke in FS, and asign functions through the SST software included with the Yoke and Throttle system. This is helping some of the people complaining, maybe it is working for some of the visitors at this forum too.

Tino

...re assigning of buttons do not work. SST: Why should I do saiteks job? At first glance their software does not look user friendly. Also, I wonder if it is possible to program all those button assignments that show up within the fsx controls page. I think I will return the package and buy again when saitek gives us a useable product - it should enhance the flight sim experience and not distract from it. Wilde popping up of windows and unwanted actions. Sorry, no way.

I have the same yoke and no issues... I never installed the SST software, just programmed everything in FSUIPC same way I had to do with my CH Throttle Quad. I also went to the Saitek site and could not find anything about these issues. Could you provide a link? Most users on the Avsim site seem extremely pleased as well.

Personally I love it and the "feel" is much better than the CH who served us so well for many years.

-Paul

The link to the Saitek forum threads are:

http://www.saitekforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148

In this thread are several posts.

All seems to work here OK now also, after deleting all asignments to buttons within FS.

You can asign all tasks to buttons in SST, which you are able to asign within FSX's asignment menu. You tell a button what keystrokes is being expected when you touch the button. The SST software is the interface between the button and the keyboard.