P3Dv4 starts in the background

Renaissanceman

I have a few issues where the sim starts in the background after loading a profile from SIMStarter. I use two profiles, mainly for PMDG tutorials 1 and 2. The configuration settings in simstarter are rather simple; selected Europe scenery only, added trackIr5 to start with the sim and no modification of any sim files. The only other modification when I start the sim is using Nvidia surround for my 3 screens.

After a couple of uninstall of simstarter, I found that if I delete the p3d config file and let it rebuild itself, the sim loads correctly again. This morning I re-installed simstarter, created a profile for the PMDG tutorial 1 just adding the startup airport/runway. No other changes. It seems OK. 

Is there something that simstarter touches in the p3d config file that makes it load in the background?

Thanks

• Verified Developer

Sorry, I have no idea which setting can cause P3D running in background.

But if it is fixed now you can import your right working prepar3d.cfg in SIMstarter NG again.

Start NG > Simulator Configuration > Select (Master) ConfigSet > Click "Import prepar3d.cfg"

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, Capt. PERO said:

Sorry, I have no idea which setting can cause P3D running in background.

But if it is fixed now you can import your right working prepar3d.cfg in SIMstarter NG again.

Start NG > Simulator Configuration > Select (Master) ConfigSet > Click "Import prepar3d.cfg"

Must be because I used the PMDG 737 and used "Use different settings". You did mention in the tips forums NOT to use advanced settings with complex aircraft. Would you suggest I use the imported P3D cfg and "Use different settings"?

Thanks

Archived