Changing AFCADs

alexvs

Oliver,

Officially I'm an AFCAD designer. I got a question. When I change an AFCAD file of one of the AES airports (for example adding, changing or deleting gates and/or taxiways), do I have to do something extra in AES to activate the new assigned gates or taxiways?

Hi Marco,

Thanx for the info. The man deserverd a break from all the work done. So, he's in sunny places. Any ideas when he's back? Otherwise I'll wait for a few weeks to react again on this thread.

• Verified Developer

Hi,

now I am back :D

When you change AFCads, this has no effect to AES, which mean, all your changes will not be seen in AES and AES will still do the work based on that AFCAD, I had used to make the airport.

When you change taxiway, it is possible that the followme will drive a different way then you expact based on your new AFCAD and if you move/add/delete Positions, they will not/still serviced by AES.

Hi Oliver,

Welcome back from vacation. I hope you had fun and good weather.

The reason I asked this question was as follows. On Geneva I was directed by AES to gate 33. And the follow me car drove to gate 32. So that's why I looked at the AFCAD and the scenery. The AFCAD indeed said "gate 33" while the scenery said "gate 32" (looking at the number painted on the tarmac).

So or something is wrong programmed in AES or the AFCAD should be changed. I think it's the last.

Where can I see in AES which gate with which number is serviced on an airport in AES? Is there a way to read this in a BGL file?

• Verified Developer

Hi,

yes, the weather was good, as allways in the south :D

The Afcads of DFS are not very exact, so I make same changes based on the charts I had. I will attach the file, when the adimistrator has fixed the problems with the file size here in the forum.

• 3 weeks later...