Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

MyTrafficX 5.1 update for Aerosoft customers

linzhiming

Hello,

Does anyone know how Aerosoft customers who purchased the boxed version of MyTrafficX 5.0 can obtain the upgrade to the newly-released version 5.1?

Regards,

Wolfgang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your link is wrong (extra period at the end) - it should be:

http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/updates.html

Like I posted earlier to go from MyTrafficX 5.0 to MyTraffic X 5.1 will cost me 5 euros (about $10) and I have to mail my existing 5.0 DVD back??

Is this some type of joke? MyTrafficX is sold as an FSX version and that's what I bought -- again this is NOT acceptable. MyTrafficX has serious problems with aircraft texture NOT loading on the aircraft at further distances -- 5.1 fixes this problem, but I have to pay for it? So how many times am I going to have to pay for the same product??

If this is Aerosoft's policy then they can kiss any of my future business good bye. And, I'll happily report my experience on avsim and the host of other simulator forums.

Rob.

Although Aerosoft is the distributor of the boxed version of MyTraffic X, the decision to make this a paid upgrade is probably not necessarily theirs. There are quite a few threads in the MyTraffic forum that discuss the general MyTraffic X paid upgrade issue. Users of the non-boxed, downloadable version are apparently also asked to pay by the developer.

Regardless of the merits of asking to pay for the upgrade, I would greatly prefer it though if Aerosoft can offer the upgrade as a download, for time and cost reasons (as apparently shipping fees need to be added if you live outside of Germany, Austria and Switzerland).

Regards,

Wolfgang

I agree, a download would be better ;)

I have the DVD and I find it annoying to have to send my original DVD than wait for the new one...

Uninstalling MyTrafficX as I type this -- I would highly recommend aerosoft drop the developer from their distribution. There are two other Traffic products now available for FSX -- I will be looking it buying one of them (one that has a reasonable upgrade policy and no obvious problems).

I'm not sure how Germany conducts business, but in the US this type of policy would ensure bankruptcy or closure. But there again maybe that's why the US GNP is 5X that of Germany and our per captia is almost 2X -- we have a considerably different philosophy towards the end consumer.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Also discovered that this poor excuse of a paid FSX Add-on (MyTrafficX) creates an invalid registry entries for Add/Remove programs -- looks like it is using a bad GUID or is creating entries it shouldn't or using an invalid font type. End result is the "Aerosoft's - My Traffic X" is displayed in a large font size so it looks like just a huge section of black and white lines in the Add/Remove Programs list.

At first I thought this was a corrupted reg entry for Add/Remove Programs, turns it is just MyTrafficX. Had to find the Uninstall string in registry and manually run the uninstall. Once done, Add/Remove programs List is back to looking normal.

Just another reason to stay FAR FAR AWAY from the developer of MyTrafficX -- not only does he/she use dubious business practices, he/she is a bad coder or doesn't understand how to use InstallShield.

Aerosoft, you may want to seriously reconsider putting your name on this product (MyTrafficX) -- it really does make you look bad. If the developer needs help on how to use InstallShield correctly, then please pass them my way and I'll be sure to use the same pricing structure he/she uses.

Rob.

I'm not sure how Germany conducts business, but in the US this type of policy would ensure bankruptcy or closure. But there again maybe that's why the US GNP is 5X that of Germany and our per captia is almost 2X -- we have a considerably different philosophy towards the end consumer.

Rob

Yeah great, bash all of us germans and the whole economy because one product. Congrats :roll:

Beside that: like it or not. Accept it or not. Personal decision. The reasons for the fee are discussed in the support forum of the product. Though I understand your point of view I don't understand why you have to be polemic. And again: think of the changes and updates before you start complaining about germany or germans. It is just one product :? :roll:

Sorry for the German bashing -- it was a reflection of what the developer/support of MyTrafficX was presenting to me -- he had a bad attitude and a very bad philosophy being used to justify the problems of MyTrafficX.

I realize ALL Germans aren't like that, but cultural philosophy and behavior patterns do surface and hence the get associated with a common element.

Perhaps it was my experience at an F1 race in Germany combined with the developers apathy that influenced my response.

Anyway, nothing is being done about this issue soooo...