Would it be foolish to buy the A-10 for FSX?

solareagle

Hi

For one thing I don't know if the A-10 works ok in FSX. Does anybody know?

Also if the FSX version is comming out this month I don't want to waste my money on the FS9 version. I saw a post here by Mathjis from Feb that said the A-10 was a month from delivery, and saw a magazine advertisement a couple months ago stating it was near completion, so it seems it should be ready soon, but since it has already had an apparent delay of a few months I wonder when it will actually be out?

I just don't want to wast my money on the FS9 version if the FSX one is a couple weeks away. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Patience...

This is a hobby :wink: What sim are you flying most? X or 9?

If your machine is not running X + SP1 satisfactorily, and you are more than a year away from a PC upgrade, I'd say go for the 9 version. Otherwise wait for the new version and check first if it uses all the "X" features. No point in ownership, if it doesn't use X features

Above all, don't stress yourself about your hobby. Enjoy it.

Thanks for the reply. I don't use FS9 anymore as I have all my FS9 aircraft moved over to FSX, and I don't use SP1 either, due to the blurry issue and because RTM runs just fine for me.

I'm just trying to find out if the current A-10 works in FSX, and if the release of the next versions is immanent or not.

Blurries in X SP1? That's unlucky.

There'll be enough good payware planes for X as time comes and goes. I am happy with waiting. I think it is advisable to wait for the X version of the Warthog - weren't there some special scenery and FX things involved? Target practice? Let's wait and see what the Aerosoft guys answer...

Thanks.

Does anybody know if the current A-10 works in FSX? Obviously most planes do but I bought the cloud9 F-4 only to find out its impossible to run it in FSX.