F6 Afterburner trailing behind aircraft P3D 3.2

KoukiMonster

Hi there, 

After some research and finding your fix for particle size on the F6 the afterburner effect looks much better than before!

My only trouble is that some of the flame trails far behind the aircraft, I was wondering if there any fix for this or something I can edit to fix it? 

I have attached images to hopefully help :hi_s:

2016-6-14_20-52-3-971.bmp

2016-6-14_20-52-30-979.bmp

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, KoukiMonster said:

Hi there, 

After some research and finding your fix for particle size on the F6 the afterburner effect looks much better than before!

My only trouble is that some of the flame trails far behind the aircraft, I was wondering if there any fix for this or something I can edit to fix it? 

I have attached images to hopefully help :hi_s:

2016-6-14_20-52-3-971.bmp

2016-6-14_20-52-30-979.bmp

Thanks!

Hi

I thought LM had provided a general fix for the undersized FX, , that being so my " quick and dirty" fix should no longer be necessary ! 

But to answer the question, yes that can be adjusted , there are a few fx's combined to create  the reheat flame and it looks like one that should be inside the pipe  is misplaced or repeating itself at a distance.

I'll check it out and get back to you.

Cheers

Dave R

Thanks, I really appreciate it. 

The Aerosoft F14 and now F14 X has the burner effects perfect it seems, it's only the Lightning F6 that is causing trouble for me. 

I've attached a few pics of the exhausts from behind if that'll help you understand how the fx are behaving. 

2016-6-14_21-56-18-553.bmp

2016-6-14_21-56-33-533.bmp

The fireballs are created by three flies fx_lit3_reheat1/2/3 .
I think it looks like the fireball created by fx_lit3_reheat3 is too far aft............ quite why it is doing that I don't know ! .
  If you open the main "effects" folder and find fx_lit3_reheat3 and open it with notepad, under the sub heading

[Particle.0]

change the z offset= figures to say 2.00,  2.30 , and then scroll down and do the same
with [Particle.1] z offset= 2.30,  2.50 and save .

The figures are in meters. This will move the effect forward, so if you can judge how far back it is compensate that ammount to get it back to the end of the jetpipe.

I'm afraid it will be trial and error and it might have to be done to all three effects, and the sim will have to be restarted for any adjustment to take effect.

Hope that helps

cheers

Dave R

On 6/15/2016 at 0:25 PM, wingman5 said:

The fireballs are created by three flies fx_lit3_reheat1/2/3 .
I think it looks like the fireball created by fx_lit3_reheat3 is too far aft............ quite why it is doing that I don't know ! .
  If you open the main "effects" folder and find fx_lit3_reheat3 and open it with notepad, under the sub heading

[Particle.0]

change the z offset= figures to say 2.00,  2.30 , and then scroll down and do the same
with [Particle.1] z offset= 2.30,  2.50 and save .

The figures are in meters. This will move the effect forward, so if you can judge how far back it is compensate that ammount to get it back to the end of the jetpipe.

I'm afraid it will be trial and error and it might have to be done to all three effects, and the sim will have to be restarted for any adjustment to take effect.

Hope that helps

cheers

Dave R

I edited the values, the ones in my files were between 0.00 and -2.50 and it's worked whilst the aircraft isn't moving.

The only issue is that the aircraft seems to outrun it's afterburner fx, they get gradually further from the exhausts as it picks up speed. 

I may just roll over and accept that it'll just be that way. Thanks for your help though!

On 6/18/2016 at 4:41 PM, KoukiMonster said:

I edited the values, the ones in my files were between 0.00 and -2.50 and it's worked whilst the aircraft isn't moving.

The only issue is that the aircraft seems to outrun it's afterburner fx, they get gradually further from the exhausts as it picks up speed. 

I may just roll over and accept that it'll just be that way. Thanks for your help though!

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I don't run P3d so it's not something I can reproduce.

Just to make sure it is those files , put an X in front so they read xfx_etc.that way the sim will ignore them.and only the main flame will show.

cheers

Dave

Archived