737 800 pmdg opening doors and stairs

matt1

That's the POSky B738, not the PMDG. ;)

Shift-e-2 will still open the rear door of the PMDG B737-800, though. Unlike the POSky model, the same keystroke will also open the cargo doors.

No airstair is fitted to the rear doors of B737s (any, that I know of, not just the -800) and a set of airport towable stairs is used with this door. Certainly every airstair-equipped B737 I have ever travelled on or seen, from -300s to -900s, has always required towed stairs for the rear access.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Up to my knowledge only some 737-200 has airstairs at the rear...

Apparently "early models (-100, -200)" did. It's also possibly worth knowing that even on the "Classic" and "NG" models, operators are actually removing them from aircraft as they are apparently notoriously unreliable and overly complicated. One contact I spoke to earlier who handles the things on a daily basis says that the major operator he contracts for has now removed all on-board airstairs from the entire fleet and they're far from the only people to do so, thus increasing dispatch percentages and saving rather a lot of weight on every sector.

Cheers,

Ian P.