Gray prop spinners in Beaver X package

azflyboy

After flying around in the FSX Beavers since they were released, I noticed today that there seems to be a missing texture for the prop spinners on the Beavers, since many of the aircraft have a shiny gray spinner when I think they should be a bare metal texture.

Given that many of the Beavers (aside from some of the military ones) sport shiny, bare metal spinners in the FS9 version as well as in photos of the actual aircraft, it looks to me like the spinner texture may have been somehow omitted from the package, including on the product page where the promotional screenshots show the same gray spinners that I see.

On a totally unrelated note, is there any chance of a floodlight effect being added to the VC in a future update? I realize that actual aircraft don't have cockpit floodlighting (although the Aerosoft Beaver does have a snake light in the cabin), but FSX still handles shadows badly enough that the entire cockpit gets excessively dark unless the sun is directly behind the aircraft, making many of the gauges fairly difficult to read.

• Aerosoft
After flying around in the FSX Beavers since they were released, I noticed today that there seems to be a missing texture for the prop spinners on the Beavers, since many of the aircraft have a shiny gray spinner when I think they should be a bare metal texture.

Given that many of the Beavers (aside from some of the military ones) sport shiny, bare metal spinners in the FS9 version as well as in photos of the actual aircraft, it looks to me like the spinner texture may have been somehow omitted from the package, including on the product page where the promotional screenshots show the same gray spinners that I see.

On a totally unrelated note, is there any chance of a floodlight effect being added to the VC in a future update? I realize that actual aircraft don't have cockpit floodlighting (although the Aerosoft Beaver does have a snake light in the cabin), but FSX still handles shadows badly enough that the entire cockpit gets excessively dark unless the sun is directly behind the aircraft, making many of the gauges fairly difficult to read.

I'll look at the spinners. The VC lighting is far tougher, as explained in some other messages, FSX leaves a lot to be desired there, but we might be able to do something.