About This File
You want to use the power of a C/C++ plugin, but it should be easy as BASIC?
Try FlyWithLua, the Lua 5.1 script engine for X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10!
FlyWithLua offers a rapid development system to get in deep into X-Plane. An easy to understand, detailed manual is included. FlyWithLua will support all platforms, Windows, Linux and Mac, and it will support X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10. A script can be used on all platforms by default, without the need of re-editing. This let's you share scripts with friends using other systems.
FlyWithLua is a clean 32-bit and 64-bit fat plugin. FlyWithLua uses LuaJIT as a compiler. This results in very fast code execution, especially with the version LuaJit 2.0 FlyWithLus is based on. FlyWithLua is ready to be used! FlyWithLua isn't freeware, it's "timeware"!
You will have to read at least the basic installation instruction here inside the official FlyWithLua support forum. FlyWithLua was made in a couple of years for me as the creator and main developer, and also many many hours of building, testing and answering support questions to my co-authors Snagar and Sparker and some more volunteers helping this project to exist. So please have the appreciation to carefully read and understand some information about FlyWithLua - to avoid frustration to you and the developer team.
Enjoy this plugin. I choose the MIT Licence so it's totally free to use.
What's New in Version 2.4.0 (win, lin, mac) (See full changelog)
- Version 2.4.0
- Complete new design of the JIT compiler usage. Should speed up the scripts and is still compatible to version 2.3.3.
- Version 2.3.3
- New USB features. FlyWithLua will now support the Arcaze USB device and it's additional boards. This version is experimental. If you own an Arcaze USB, please report if it works on your system.
- No other changes to 18.104.22.168
- Version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Bugfixes for Mac OSX. Since 188.8.131.52 we force posix path style.
- Version 184.108.40.206
- New build on Windows without changing the source code. If this won't help, please try to unzip the MinGW64 DLL libraries into the "64" subdirectory.
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Bugfix on Linux. Added a DLL on Windows.
- Version 2.3.2
- Added a new Lua function "create_positive_edge_flip()" to integrate a feature a user asked for. No other changes, if you are no home cockpit builder, you can stay at version 18.104.22.168.
- Version 22.214.171.124
- A bugfix for Mac OSX users by fatroom. As this little fix only affects one script ("display clist.lua"), it will be shown as version 2.3.1 (and in fact there is no change inside the C/C++ core). If you are using 2.3.1 on a Linux or Windows system, or if you don't display checklists at all, you don't need to update FlyWithLua.
- Version 2.3.1
- Slightly improved debug file. But the most important change is the ability of playing sound files. Keyboard sniffer can now detect Control or Option (Alt) keys, not only Shift.
- There are no error corrections, only new features. So if version 126.96.36.199 runs properly (and you do not need the new features), you can skip this version.
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Thanks to Sparker (and Snagar) we have a new Linux build.
- Version 2.2.4
- There was a little problem with the new XSquawkBox 64-bit plugin, that is now fixed.
- Version 2.2.3
- Identical to 2.2.2, but for Windows and Mac OSX. Sorry that we can't deliver a Linux version at the moment. We will make one as soon as possible.
- Version 2.2.2
- New functions to handle mouse events and a new Button2DataRef like subsystem to get joystick buttons directly connected to DataRefs. This version is Windows only.
- Version 2.1.29
- The same as 2.1.28, but with Linux and Mac builds included.
- Version 2.1.28
- Fixes some bugs:
- The word "calsic" in an error message.
- No keyboard commands possible after Lua crashed.
- Error messages containing CR are visible as only one overlapping text line on the screen and are unreadable as a result of that.
- Version 2.1.27
- The same as 2.1.16, but working on Mac, Linux and Windows.
- Version 2.1.26
- Added a script to display Checklister files. This works in 64-bit!
- Some changes to the print() function.
- Better error handling in 64-bit.
- Version 2.1.24
- Added a user request for some bigger fonts.
- Version 2.1.21 to 2.1.23
- Non-public versions killing some little bugs.
- Version 2.1.20
- Fixed some bugs on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. (Mac version isn't able to access HID devices directly, like the Windows version can do. This will be fixed later, if X-Plane 10.20 is declared stable.)
- Fixed install instructions for X-Plane 9.
- Version 2.1.19
- Fixed a bug in Lua function "set_axis_assignment()"
- Version 2.1.18
- First time running on all systems, Windows, Linux and Mac!