Anti-Ice + IvAP XPDR fix (FSUIPC) + Bleed fix (no FSUIPC)

LeCoyote

Hi there,

Attached are two files.

• AB_Fixes.lua  AB_Fixes.lua: a custom script that, with a registered version of FSUIPC, enables two fixes:
    • enables the simulator's structural deice when the Airbus' Wing Anti-Ice switch is used. At the moment, it is a very crude on/off behaviour. In a future version, I will make it check for faults and bleed pressure?
    • turns IvAP's (and, I think, SquawkBox's, since they share the same offsets) transponder ON when the Airbus' transponder is set to XPNDR/TA/TARA
  • AB_Pneu.xml: this is a replacement for the stock file (typically found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems, adjust to match your sim/drive etc.). It changes two simple things for the moment:
    • bleed air is available as soon as corrected engine N1 reaches 18%, instead of 20% by default; as a result, you can now have air conditioning with idle engines (and without the APU), which was impossible before (!)
    • bleed air pressure is now the correct 36 PSI at low RPM and increases to 45 PSI at higher RPM (threshold is 30% corrected N1). The default behaviour is the opposite, which made little sense.

I think it might be feasible to implement the wing anti-ice fix directly with a gauge, but it has only been a week or so since I started playing with the whole thing so I still have a lot of things to experiment with :)

Cheers

--

Romain

Edit: title

Archived