OFP fields and features requests

I am trying to make an Emirates OFP which will be as close to real life as possible. For this, currently, a few fields are missing.

• WX PROG

This field should show hours of weather prognosis used in this flight. Some of real world examples:
12/15/18/21
03/06/09
21/24/03/06

• TOC TROP

This field should show tropopause height at top of climb. As tropopause was added in v1.15 (though currently supported only in the navlog), I assume this shouldn't be hard to add. Format should be in full altitude digits, e.g. 56827, 53701, 57867... (those were some real world examples).

• AV TRK

This field should show average magnetic track on the flight. I'm surprised this was left out in the initial release even, as we have "AltnXTack" fields which show this for alternate airports.

• AltitudeChange

This field should be part of nav log, and should only be included when altitude is changed in the flight.

• MINR

This field should be part of nav log and show minimum required fuel at the waypoint. It should be so that you end with your minimum reserve at the end. The final waypoint should always show minimum reserve fuel.

• MORA

Probably very hard to include, but I'm just putting it here to complete the list. It should show maximum off route altitude on the waypoint, also be part of the nav log.

Certain features it would be nice to have:

• Currently we can include how many characters a field can have, but it will only use characters starting to the left. That is, if the field is, let's say "A6-EWA", and we put the length to 3, it will show "A6-E". It would be nice if we had the possibility to start from the right somehow, so that it shows only "EWA". I hope you can understand what I mean.
  • Another neat feature would be that it's possible to include from what character will the field start. I can apply the same example as above. Let's say the field is "A6-EWA", but we want it to start from 3rd character, so it only shows "EWA".

(Both of these features should be included for various purposes, it's just the same example).

• Climb/Cruise/Descend/Drag fuel bias formatting parameters

Currently we only have [0] and [1] formatting parameters for these fields, which will show for example 102.5 or 5. But it would be nice to include [2] as well, so that it can show "P2.5" (for minus M2.5, etc).

​So far, I can't think of anything else. I hope these suggestions can be considered for next PFPX release.

Best regards.

Some more features and fixes.

• Text that is written at each new page of the navlog:

So, almost all types of OFPs in real life have certain text which will begin at every new page of the navlog. This is what I mean:
nvVF8OK.png

• ShearFactor formatting parameter fix

In the flight plan template guide, it is said that ShearFactor field can be formatted like [0], [1] (which will include leading zeros) and [2]. Now, [0] and [2] work fine, but [1] works the same as [0], it doesn't include leading zeros.

Adrian,

Best thing to do for additions is to submit a support ticket on the Flightsimsoft website.

That's what I do and usually find my requests make their way in eventually...

Cheers,

Tim

Adrian,

Best thing to do for additions is to submit a support ticket on the Flightsimsoft website.

That's what I do and usually find my requests make their way in eventually...

Cheers,

Tim

Wilco!

Archived