Autorouting issue ( EGPH => BIKF )

Today I had a really nice flight - and if there would have been real passengers on board, I'm sure they would have enjoyed it too.

I started out of EGPH, heading for BIKF. The autorouter (Just go to the route editor and calculate a n upper airspace route between the two airports) found the following route:

GRIC3C GRICE P600 PTH UP600 FINDO UP58 NEVIS UP24 NINEX UP59 BALIX DCT 63N020W DCT KEF

Please play attention to:

GRICE P600 PTH UP600 FINDO UP58 NEVIS

So, I was flying from GRICE to PTH. At PTH I made an one-eighty *Whohoooo* returned to FINDO and continued to NEVIS.

Looks like a hiccup of the autorouter :coffee_s::eyepop_s:

Sorry man,

I really did not want to confuse you. I just tried to not take this little flaw too seriously and thought a "funny" story would be nicer than only "hard facts".

Of course, I did not flew that route, because I of course saw the wrong routing on the PFPX map. I always refine my routes by hand before releasing them.

I just want to bring this hiccup to the attention of the developers. Hopefully such cases will help them to further improve the autorouting routines.

Archived