Flickering Textures France 1 & 2

Ghost

Hi

Have installed France 1 & 2, not very good on my system got a bad case of flickering textures have tried all the usual adjustments like mip map and the like but no joy, I have a nvidia FX5900XT Graphics card with up to date drivers.

look forward to any ideas

Mel

Hi Saf Thanks

Have searched for info but it seems there is no easy answer, I dont get these problems with default scenery so think I shall go back to default and wait till FSX comes out befor purchaseing any more add-ons, maybe FSX will have a better engine.

Regards

Mel

Hello Mel,

It seems just lately that certain Nvidia cards have had problems with certain textures for FS9, if you backup your texture folders and try converting them to mip-mapped DXT3 textures this may solve the problem.

Shaun

Have just completed mip-mapping LFMN and pleased to say has cured the problem.

When flying over LFMD which as yet hasnt been mip-mapped and looking back comparing the two LFMN has no flickers and all buildings and runways can be seen clearly.

Thanks again

Mel :D