Any solution for LFPG nightblur?

IngoKe

Hi,

the problem with blurring night textures while approaching Simwings LFPG has been brought up in forums several times. The file to download from the Aerosoft patch site has no influence what so ever.

Can anyone tell me, if only certain videocards (i.e. the ATI Radeon X800 pro, 256mb) have problems displaying the area at night? I´d appreciate advice!

At the moment LFPG is the only scenery (from 120 on my harddrive), that is causing problems. In the Paris area I only have MyWorld2004 installed besides LFPG.

Cheers,

Ingo

Hi Shaun,

thanks for your reply. Since I´m not very famliar with AFCAD files and problems they can cause, I checked the AFCAD files for LFPG. The attached screenshot shows the results. If I´m not mistaking, there should only be one active AFCAD file.

For LFPG 8 files were found. Three of them seem to be inactive (grey) and five active (black). All the active files refer to layer 70 in the scenery library, which is Simwings LFPG. The other inactive files refer to layers 40, 38 and 8. 40 and 38 stand for the MyWorld2004 airport files and layer 8 stands for the standard scenery.

What can I do to delete four of the five active AFCAD files? Can they cause the problem I´ve described in my previous posts? If yes, how can this be achieved?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Ingo

Hello Ingo,

There should be some Taxiway afcads for the LFPG scenery also. Just open each one in AFCAD and check there properties, it will tell you which location they are from. All you need keep is the stock one and the ones for the LFPG scenery. The others can be removed and backed up to a safe location outside of FS9.

Just follow the instructions I left here on what to do to find the locations but obviously for LFPG. Remember you have Taxiway afcads for LFPG so these need to be left.

Hi Shaun,

you´re right! The other AFCAD files are for the taxiwaysigns. I disalbed them with no effect on the problem with blurred textures. I have no idea, what the problem could be.... :?

Ingo