FS9, AES and '3gb patch' - fixes?

Hi.

I've just updated to a 64bit WinXP and have came across with this issue with AES and the 3gb patch for FS9. The idea is to give FS9 the ability to use over the normal 2gb of memory to prevent out of memory -errors (and it works!) with the 4gb switch.

However, as we all know, this in combination with the great AES addon gives you some random(ish) crashes at certain airports under certain conditions. I've seen this happen at least on the downwind at Dusseldorf with the GA3 scenery and at long final at Amsterdam with Cloud9 scenery. The simulator window just goes blank and eventually bothers to give you an error message with a g3d.dll listed as one of the causes of this problem. Not really that nice after a 3hr flight from somewhere to end up in a black screen on short finals, huh?

I've tested this and it narrows down to the 3gb switch - with the switch enabled a short test flight from Brussels to Amsterdam with iFly 737 crashes at about 10nm to rw06, as without the patch you can make that greasing landing and pull up to the stand shutting down the systems. However without the switch at least I get very frequent OOM errors, especially being a simpilot who usually tends to fly the whole roundtrip with a single launch of the simulator (no time to relaunch and set everything all over again with a 20min turnaround :D). The latest OOM I got today as going to Malmö from Stockholm, just after TOD going back to Stockholm my sim ran out of memory.

Even if it would mean that I had to give up on something as convenient and handy addon as AES (especially being something I've paid some good money for) I do prefer that over crashing the sim on each flight. It's truly a shame..

So, since the last topic (which I found being from 2008 or something) has there been some radical developments in this issue? Are there some fixes I've missed that might enable me to fly with the 3gb patch and still remain stable with AES enabled and all? Are you guys from the AES-team possibly aware of this issue and is it fixable?

EDIT I managed to spot the sticky OOM-thread but didn't really find anything regarding to this issue, or fixing it. The g3d.dll -errors should've been fixed in some version 2.xx, yet I have the latest version and they still occur? With the 3gb switch and AES I get g3d.dll -error and without it AES works but eventually OOM comes, that's the situation in my case even with the latest version of AES.. Will do couple of test flights without AES with the 3gb switch and report back to you :)