Default Ford Tri-Motor repaints (FREE)

Garry J. Smith

Just for those that are not aware of it - I have been seriously tinkering with textures/skins for the Microsoft default Ford Tri-Motor.

Been at it now for several months as a project for Edward Moore and I have just passed 260+ liveries for this girl - they range across several categories - Fact, Fiction and Fun.

Many of you will be aware that the Default Ford has some serious restrictions on texture mappings with much of the aircraft texture mapping using mirrored surfaces - many painters have avioded this old girl because of that. However, I seen the limitation as a challenge and got stuck in.

We started this project with 20 in mind - then discovered a book about the history of the Ford Tri-Motor - all black and white images but imagination and research has allowed me to create the colourful suite of liveries.

As mentioned there are now 260+ available - latest goal is to stop at around 280 so close to completion :glare_s:

Anyway - if you want some of these FREE Tri-Motor liveries surf on over to http://www.gjsmith.net click on the Catalogue button - scroll down to the Ford Tri-Motor and click goto aircraft - 4 full pages of literally hundreds of FREE liveries for you to enjoy.

While your there also feel free to check out the thousands of other Free liveries and aircraft

(Mike Stone's 2004 aircraft are also available via my site)

PS - for those that have converted the FS2004 Ford Tri-Motor over to FSX - these textures will work there as well - though you will need to create a thumbnail image.

Regards and happy simming to all.