AES2.12 Run-time error ' 52'

Hi,

Couldn't find anything about this error in the forum. I just installed 2.12 and got this error. Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number. Version FS9 and Win XP SP3.

Help? Thnx.

Jeroen

Velserbroek

The Netherlands

when did this happen, direct after the start of aeshelp?

Hello Oliver,

Yes. Directly when started and AES closes.

Regards,

Jeroen van Schoneveld

Velserbroek

The Netherlands

Hello Oliver,

I also get, in FS9, the following red screen: AES detact Error -01- when reading data files - Reinstall AES. I did that and no results. I also cleaned my registry (i read something about this about the error '52'.

Regards,

Jeroen

Try to delete the AES Directory below <FS9>\Aerosoft and then install it again

Hi,

Did the following: copied AES folder to temp, deleted it from fs9 dir, then reinstalled and same error. Then i deleted the aes folder again from fs9, installed 2.10 version and same error again.

Other clues?

Regards,

Jeroen

• Developer

Which version do you have now, 2.10 or 2.12.

We had such a discussion in the german forum, but there the issue was fixed after installing the new version.

Which version do you have now, 2.10 or 2.12.

We had such a discussion in the german forum, but there the issue was fixed after installing the new version.

Hi,

Now I have 2.12 again. I will try next: delete the Vima dll's from the fs9 directory, delete the aes folder in fs9 and re install 2.12 again. Maybe that helps. I'll report back.

Hi,

Now I have 2.12 again. I will try next: delete the Vima dll's from the fs9 directory, delete the aes folder in fs9 and re install 2.12 again. Maybe that helps. I'll report back.

Hi Oliver,

It didn't help. I'm getting desperate somehow. Could there be a solution. When I'm searching at internet about this problem, I'm not getting happy about it.

• Developer

I can't simulate the situation, so we need to go step by step to identify the file which generate this error.

The error has to do with read or write actions, which fails, maybe because the file is locked, readonly, protected by UAC or what ever.

As you have deleted and reinstalled AES, I would say, it is not a file below the AES Subdir.

Can you please try to delete the ViMaCore2004.DLL and ViMaIscn.dll you can find in teh <FS9>\Modules folder and then start AESHelp again.

When the error comes up again, check please, if the DLL's are recreated in the Modules folder. This can help me to know, in which state the error pops up.