HUD Collimation Eyepoint

HvyEng

Howdy,

I have adjusted the VC eye point to a center point HUD frame FOV, but I can't seem to find where the HUD symbology collimation is getting its reference from. I have combed through the HUD xml file and panels setup, but I don't see anything correlating the HUD collimation point to the VC position. I tried shifting the aircraft datum reference via the aircraft config file, but that did not work either. I moved the viewpoint down 0.13 units, I need to move the collimation up by that amount. Any suggestions?

--Dan

Howdy,

I have adjusted the VC eye point to a center point HUD frame FOV, but I can't seem to find where the HUD symbology collimation is getting its reference from. I have combed through the HUD xml file and panels setup, but I don't see anything correlating the HUD collimation point to the VC position. I tried shifting the aircraft datum reference via the aircraft config file, but that did not work either. I moved the viewpoint down 0.13 units, I need to move the collimation up by that amount. Any suggestions?

--Dan

Dan, I think I understand what you're trying to do (but am not positive). Unfortunately, there are no settings in the gauge or the panel.cfg that would move that point; it is set within the model. If you're just trying to get more of the front panel in the default viewpoint, you can try adjusting VIEW_FORWARD_DIR in the panel.cfg, but the default "collimation point" is fixed.